The new Dream Theater album.

Shiny McShining Rodriguez said:
Well as of yet I have only heard the edited version of "As I Am" and "This Dying Soul". As an avid Dream Theater fan I found "As I Am" bothersomely weak, but after hearing "This Dying Soul" I still have some hope for the album, even though the song is nothing on some of their other work. It was different yet interesting... and La Brie's voice is much less poofy, in fact it barely sounds like him (I hope I haven't d/l something else completely). I'm at least compelled to listen to the rest of the album out of curiosity now, whereas a week ago I was thinking I probably wouldn't look into it further.
As I Am doesn't really represent the album at all.

One thing is true of Dream Theater fans, everytime I have questioned the band- i get a bunch of negative reputation points. I just looked a second ago, and my god its loaded with negative comments. I dont even think I was that critical of the band, James Labrie does sound like ALvin the Chipmunk doing Opera. I cant think of any band other than opeth that draws such a loyal fanbase.

speed said:
One thing is true of Dream Theater fans, everytime I have questioned the band- i get a bunch of negative reputation points. I just looked a second ago, and my god its loaded with negative comments. I dont even think I was that critical of the band, James Labrie does sound like ALvin the Chipmunk doing Opera. I cant think of any band other than opeth that draws such a loyal fanbase.
He does? Hmm somehow all this time I missed that.
crap.gif