The new fan club cd: wishes and expectations.

LavagesOfTime

evangelist of Threshold
Mar 2, 2002
Rome, Italy
www.myspace.com
Richard West posted some info about a new fan club cd to be hopefully released before the gigs in May.

Thank you everyone for your ideas and responses about a new Threshold fan club. We've now got a much clearer idea of how to proceed. We'll most likely do this in conjunction with a new studio album release.

So let me anticipate your next question: No, we don't know when a new studio album will be ready. But we're hopeful of having a new fan club album for you in time for the May tour dates, as long as everything goes according to plan.

And I'll try and anticipate your next question too: No, we're not telling you what's on the new fan club album! All I can say is it should be the most interesting one we've ever released and I think you'll like it, especially fans who've been with us all the way through.

So it's about time to start the usual speculations about the tracklist, just to keep our minds busy while waiting for it. Also, fake covers are welcome as usual :D

My ideas: it will be a mixed cd, with remixes, live tracks, new versions, acoustics and so on, some of which featuring Damian on vocals of course.

I'm not sure if there will be the three songs left out of "Surface To Stage" (perhaps they can be added as mp3s or in a possible multimedia section), but I do believe there will be some live material featuring Damian on vocals.

A "synthetic remix" as they marvellously did with Opium would be more than welcome!

And last but not least, I have an idea for the fake cover, I just need my home pc to do it! :lol:

I hope that as there is a mention of fans who've been with us all the way through that there will be another couple from pre Wounded Land. Burning Down the Middle would be good!

The best feature of the previous CDs has been the wide variety. A few radio edits, a few extended, one or two live or re-recorded with DW, a couple of oldies, a couple of accoustic, a couple re-interpretations.

But anything will be greatly appreciated!

Album cover wise, I think it would be a good idea to organise a fan competition like what Stryper has done for their imminent new release 'Murder By Pride', where the fans get to design the album cover. Since the release is self financed it would help keep the cost down and take fan involvement to another level as well as create a buzz around the new DTF release.

I hope that as there is a mention of fans who've been with us all the way through that there will be another couple from pre Wounded Land. Burning Down the Middle would be good!

Yep, forgot to mention that, but I expect some pre-debut stuff, no matter ther form (original or re-recorded)

Album cover wise, I think it would be a good idea to organise a fan competition like what Stryper has done for their imminent new release 'Murder By Pride', where the fans get to design the album cover. Since the release is self financed it would help keep the cost down and take fan involvement to another level as well as create a buzz around the new DTF release.

That would be great, indeed!

Although it's a nice idea, a competition would be rather redundant because we already have the title and cover artwork.

(And Rob, it's not called Decadent II. And no it's not called Doubledecadent either..!)

Being that some of the boys have been in Threshold for 20 yesrs, they will probably decide to do a few changes. the new line-up is:

Richard West: Grunts
Karl Groom: Drums
Steve Anderson: Lead guitar
Damian Wilson: 2nd guitar
Pete Morten: Bass
Johanne James: Keyboards

Yes:
- Reworked songs
- Acoustic versions
- Live versions
- Unreleased tracks

No:
- Synthetic remixes (sorry, but I don't like them enough)

A double thingy would be nice:
- 1st disc being "the official bootleg live DVD"
- 2nd disk should be a CD consisting of various unreleased leftovers, remakes & acoustic versions from the vault

Title...?

[Self]Indulgent

I second the double disc idea, but I prefer audio cds, having no time at all to watch dvds

Note to FG: if you replied my last PM, I didn't get it 'cos my message box was full.

(It HAS to do with this topic, believe it or not)