The new fan club cd: wishes and expectations.

I second the double disc idea, but I prefer audio cds, having no time at all to watch dvds

Wow...that's pretty selfish eh?! Just because you don't have the time to watch DVDs doesn't mean that others don't have the time. I for one wouldn't mind a live DVD as well.

Note to FG: if you replied my last PM, I didn't get it 'cos my message box was full.

Yeah, I replied to your mail and got a mailbox full message. Just couldn't be bothered to resend it again after that. What I said about the cover design competition was that it was a serious one not something to goof around with. I wouldn't have participated for example because designing album covers is not my forte.

I like the idea of alternative versions of songs, maybe lengthened, maybe different lyrics, different musicians etc. How about something unusual like a song where the guitar parts are played on keyboard and vice versa?
Or maybe a re-recording of some of the songs on clone with DW on vocals? I think Sunrise on Mars would sound good with him singing.

I, for one, think a new Threshold DVD is long overdue. Whether an "official" release or a fanclub-only release, it matters not to me. They were simply awesome the last 4 times I saw them with Damian (and Damian is one of my favourite vocalists ever), with the January 2009 gig in Zoetermeer being the highlight. Aye, a full-length live DVD featuring the current line-up would be a dream.

That said, a Decadent-esque CD would not be bad either, though I don't listen to that particular album all that much. I prefer unreleased songs, live material and alternative takes on songs (not simply a radio edit). Remixes, eh... They can be good, but they're not my thing, as in my opinion they generally cannot beat the original.

yep, but it was written with Damian's voice in mind, so - at least for me - a new version (not necessarily re-recorded) with Damian on vocals would be interensting!

How about a reissue of Clone (since that's the only disc that has not been re-released) with a bonus disc where Damian sings the whole album in its entirety. The bonus disc would be called Re-cloned.

How about a reissue of Clone (since that's the only disc that has not been re-released) with a bonus disc where Damian sings the whole album in its entirety. The bonus disc would be called Re-cloned.

Despite the greatness of the idea for the second cd title, I don't think the band would do it.
I used to ping Richard about it, the answer was always the same: at the moment, it is not possible to re-release it.

Hey Rich, it's about time to ask you again about it! :D

Despite the greatness of the idea for the second cd title, I don't think the band would do it.
I used to ping Richard about it, the answer was always the same: at the moment, it is not possible to re-release it.

I think the greatness of title of the second CD is the critical mass needed to raise this project above the subsurface and make it a reality! :D

At the moment, it is not possible to re-release it.