The new pic thread

Nice pics everyone!
Regarding Caotico's Segway foto, I've seen this already and it made me wonder if he was thinking about laziness when he took the pic. Or perhaps he's more interested in alternate modes of transportation. Remember the foto of that tri-wheeled vehicle? I'd like to believe it is the latter, but I'm not sure. So many Euro types believe in the "lazy American" myth, so... :rolleyes: You folks who are closer to the band would know better, right?
Oh, and a helpful (informational) link for the ignorant: http://www.thenewatlantis.com/archive/6/soa/segway.htm

wildfyr said:
So many Euro types believe in the "lazy American" myth, so...
I wouldn't call it a myth, unfortunately. More like, a stereotype based loosely on fact (as all stereotypes are).

wildfyr said:
Fireworks
fireworks_060708_20.jpg
So clear! My July 4th fireworks pictures turned out disastrously.

Lina said:
I wouldn't call it a myth, unfortunately. More like, a stereotype based loosely on fact (as all stereotypes are).

Yes, your explanation is more level-headed than mine. Thank you. However, the amount of America hate (or strong dislike) seems to be a recurring theme at this forum. It gets to be redundant after a while, like my responses to them. :loco:

Thank you for the pic compliment.

wildfyr said:
However, the amount of America hate (or strong dislike) seems to be a recurring theme at this forum. It gets to be redundant after a while, like my responses to them. :loco:

As much as I am against any antiamericanism, which is so trendy in Europe, especially in Germany and France, but also other countries, there are those little differences (like Vincent Vega says :lol: ), which sometimes leave Europeans confused. But a shortcut to hate from mere confusion and lack of experience is absolutely stupid. You dont have to respond to the stereotypical opinions, just be the person you are, this way you stand up for your country best.

TheFourthHorseman said:
While I would call your nomination of myself not knowing what to make of that vehicle I had never seen before arrogant.
I won't hide it, I think it's just another stupid toy.

I didn't specify any nomination(s) but if the shoe fits...

In my opinion, there's not as much shame in ignorance as there is in stupidity. I'm still ignorant of a great many things but I'm still learning as I go. It'll be this way until my last breath. But, I'm hoping that in my quest to become informed I become a better person in the process. It matters little to me if you think it's just another stupid toy. What I will continue to stand up to, though, is the AmeriH8, whether direct or implied, that's been present at the DT forums for what, about 7 years or more now? :err:

As for arrogance... Hmm, that may be so in this case. Perhaps we should all be a little less arrogant. Who knows? Maybe that might turn into more visitors/DT fans at this forum. I'm not surprised that are so few American forum members here. I could speculate that Dark Tranquillity like it that way and that they really do hate Americans, but we've been down that road before. Remember?

wildfyr said:
It matters little to me if you think it's just another stupid toy. What I will continue to stand up to, though, is the AmeriH8, whether direct or implied, that's been present at the DT forums for what, about 7 years or more now? :err:
So it doesn't matter that I dislike the thing, only that I dislike America (because of my dislike for the thing, since that is the only thing brought up in the conversation)? Way to go with downsizing the "AmeriH8".
You should also change your thinking a bit I think, since it seems like you have this not so uncommon idea that those who dislike something invented by Americans or made by Americans, hate America.

I do dislike America though (which is not to say that I hate every American, even if you would like to make that assumption). That's just not the point. The point was that those Segway vechiles are pretty stupid. If they only go 12,5 miles an hour then you could just as well use a bike. If you weren't a lazy American.

Anyway I still won't be posting my pic and scenery pictures bore me, so I'll just shut up now.

TheFourthHorseman said:
So it doesn't matter that I dislike the thing, only that I dislike America (because of my dislike for the thing, since that is the only thing brought up in the conversation)? Way to go with downsizing the "AmeriH8".
You should also change your thinking a bit I think, since it seems like you have this not so uncommon idea that those who dislike something invented by Americans or made by Americans, hate America.

I do dislike America though (which is not to say that I hate every American, even if you would like to make that assumption). That's just not the point. The point was that those Segway vechiles are pretty stupid. If they only go 12,5 miles an hour then you could just as well use a bike. If you weren't a lazy American.

Anyway I still won't be posting my pic and scenery pictures bore me, so I'll just shut up now.

Not to mention a third wheel installed in front of that Segway would completely obliterate its complex-for-nothing balancing system. :)

There is a pic about that here: http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=segway_more_complicated_than_it_needs_to_be

TheFourthHorseman said:
You have the right to assume that line of thinking I suppose, even if it's twisted.

Or maybe a person who is physically unable to pedal a bike for a long, or even a short, period of time even though they may still be able to stand?

It's just an idea for a new way to get around. Are they prevalent in Finland? Why do they bother you so much? Or is this your way of diverting attention away from the fact that this forum is mostly anti-American?

O Rly? Will this be after you post your pic(s) and respond to my latest reply? :p

wildfyr said:
I just had a peek at these. Nice off-stage shots! :D

Thanks, wish I could have more, but I just didn't think of taking pictures all the time. But I should have more from my friend this week :) hehe

Kathleen... no more contact lenses for you... or no more blood drinking! :D Cool shots ;)

One hour before SOTU (noon, yesterday) I (almost!) had an accident:

steponit.jpg