The send the big, sexy, Chicago guy to Tuska thread

Accommodation.. Last two Tuskas i've stayed at my friend's relatives' house but this year the friend will be unable to participate so i need to find some other solution, and it seems i'm not the only one :p
So.. is there anyone here who owns a 200sq flat in central Helsinki and is willing to share it with.. 10 (or more?) well-mannered persons who have a good taste in music?

It seems like accommodation will be the #1 nightmare of this particular festival, for me anyway :erk: since I'm cheap and want to keep costs down as much as possible...

I dont know if this is the right time to say this but I dont have place to stay either
So I can join your group of homeless and noisy foreigners. :D

On last Tuska I stayed on my friend´s relatives, it sucked so much that I shall rather not sleep at than stay at their place.

i actually think that renting a large house for a weekend could be a brilliant idea, because it's sure cheaper than any hotel. especially if we manage to come up with a few cars, so we can rent out-of-town. i'll try and look into it if anyone's interested.

that really might be an interesting option. can't be all too expensive if we have a certain number of participants.

I have friends who study in Helsinki. I will try to rent an appartment from one of them for that particular weekend but can't promise anything.. yet. If my mission shall succeed I can share it with some people, and I'm sure the price wouldn't be too much.
Though camping at Rastila wouldn't be too expensive option either.

Hey Qs, where the hell have you been? Anyway, if you end up on the street or smth Im right there with you .

I've right here in front of my computer, just haven't felt like posting in a while now.. don't know why :p

Look at this for example:

http://www.etelakarki.com/Englanti/mokit/6011.HTM

Of course I have no idea about where the hell this place is, but I'm posting it as an example; it's 100 square meters so if someone's happy with sleeping on the floor 10 people can fit comfortable (I can easily accommodate 6 in my much smaller flat, so there). And it'd be only 70 euros each for A WEEK, if someone also wants to take a proper holiday.

This is only an example, as I said before; but I think this is the general direction in which we should look if we want to stay together.

hyena: Sorry to disappoint you, but this might be too far away. This is somewhere on the countryside, at least 45 minutes by long-distance-bus. And those place, there you have to go by car. Also not to forget, that you have to bring food there and stuff.

Now imagine the following: a ton of drunken and partied out people, after Tuska ended, continue in the clubs. Then it might be between 2 and 4 am. The next day the festival starts at 12 or 13. And your sleeping place is 80km on the countryside and you can only reach by car. (now we remember that the people were drunk..) I dont think it would work.
The idea itself is very good, but then it must be more central I guess. Nowhere outside Helsinki, since then simply the travel time is too long (only Espoo and Vantaa would maybe work, though I have no idea how to get there after 12pm, maybe only taxi)
Start here: (for rahvin: Aloita tästä): http://www.hel.fi/tourism/EN/matko.asp

Reactions: rahvin
@fire: i said THREE TIMES stuff that sounded like
This is only an example
so i thought that was clear. :lol:

I'll state it once more: I ONLY WANTED TO GIVE AN EXAMPLE OF OPTIONS SUCH AS COTTAGE RENTAL. I WAS NOT IMPLYING THAT WE SHOULD ALL GO TO A PLACE OF WHICH I DON'T EVEN KNOW THE LOCATION.

clear now?

as for transportation, i think we could rent cars. or reindeers.

no, i wasn't serious about the reindeers.

thanks for the link, i'll check it.

:(

yeah, I know that it was an example. I just wanted to point out to, that this example unfortunately is not looking as if it would work. I also said that you had a good idea! :)
But I thought that my comment could help to find the right example. These prices won´t be as low when in the city, so no-one should have false hopes. (yes: but cheaper than if everyone would get accomodation on their own..yes) And cars: yes, yes, yes, but only_when_someone_is_still_sober_enough_to_drive_home_after_tuska (which would be me, but I won´t do it)

I shut up now.

yeah, i see what you mean, i expect the accommodation to be more expensive if we're not in the countryside.

as for driving, i'm experiencing a drastic reduction in alcohol intake. i don't really intend to get drunk in the rest of my life, possibly - a bit tipsy yes, drunk no because i just hate hangovers. so count me in the sober team.

fireangel said:
oh, I did not mean bad :( I just have a talent to write plain and direct. Sometimes that is appreciated (or feared *hehe*) and sometimes I really wish I kept my mouth shut :erk:
oh, I didn´t really interpret it as meant bad in that way, but it is bad in itself so I wouldn´t have minded even if you did. speaking-from-the-heart rules. :Spin:
and I appreciate it for sure, so don´t even think about keeping your mouth shut. :) there are times I really wish I could write like that, instead of what usually becomes quite a lot of words and long barely understandable sentences with way too little substance. at the other hand, I find twisting and turning lanugage quite amusing (if only I mastered english a bit better...) and I´m, unlike you, really fond of metaphoric drivel á la the pineapple thread so I´d probably miss that if I started atually getting practical with the pen :loco:

fireangel said:
Apart from that, I am great in making issues, too (like: OMG what could I say if I would really meet *insert member of favourite bands here*.... :yell:
oh, tough one. and then of course you wouldn´t want it to sound like you actually have thought it out before... :rolleyes:

fireangel said:
It really seems there will be a huge DT-camp, so don´t you worry. Also some other thing is, when you are "forced" to go alone, you rather meet new people because you are not tempted to be with your friends all the time.
yeah, from meeting UM people perspective it´s of course better, it´s really frustrating trying to hang out with two separated circuits at the same time. and since we (me + the most potential friends) have more or less agreed on Sweden Rock I hereby officially put my Tuska-related trust, life, fate etc. in the hands of rahvin, apparently the organizer-to-be, and his pink list.

fireangel said:
yes yes. Also true. I was more in that direction of: not seeing *favourite band* or going alone. So being at home and thinking what you miss would be the least fun of all, then I better see Katatonia (like last year) on my own than not at all. That way.
agreed. that´s exactly what I did with DT on their last tour here, except a friend happened show up. (and katatonia would have been a favourite-ish enough band if it wasn´t for the combination of circumstances...)

Delirious said:
speaking-from-the-heart rules. :Spin:
and I appreciate it for sure, so don´t even think about keeping your mouth shut. :)
:)

Delirious said:
here are times I really wish I could write like that, instead of what usually becomes quite a lot of words and long barely understandable sentences with way too little substance. at the other hand, I find twisting and turning lanugage quite amusing (if only I mastered english a bit better...) and I´m, unlike you, really fond of metaphoric drivel á la the pineapple thread so I´d probably miss that if I started atually getting practical with the pen :loco:
It´s not that I don´t like any other way of language than the plain one. I rather don´t like the connections in the pineapple-thread, but that doesn´t mean I have nothing to do with poetry or other kinds of writing in general. But I would be (or rather am) much better in this when I can write in german. That fruity-thread is just a subgroup of possible language-games, not representing all possibilities.

Delirious said:
oh, tough one. and then of course you wouldn´t want it to sound like you actually have thought it out before... :rolleyes:
yesss ;) But I could avoid it so far. Somehow I usually managed to come up with someting nice. Few times, though, that I had to not talk to them, because I really didn´t know what to say (besides. "good concert" or something similar "original"....)

good to hear you´ll be at Tuska... :)

If we need a driver, i can do it.
because :
- i am under 18
- therefore i dont have a lisence
-probably i wont be sober either
and sugarment:
i dont know how to drive.

And your plans sound interesting.. :)

after all, i don't think i will be coming. i won't have many vacation days left. we'll see.