The send the big, sexy, Chicago guy to Tuska thread

I might be able to come now, depending on the training vacation work. If it's possible, I'll be there.
Be cool to see everyone! And hey Lina, we could argue comparative philosophy :Smokedev: ;) :D

Dark_Jester said:
And hey Lina, we could argue comparative philosophy :Smokedev: ;) :D
When I met heliotrope over a year ago, he had very different beliefs than he does now, and he and I feuded on the board a lot. And we both just stood there, big pussies in person. :D

Tuska - Camping: no no. There is no campsite for the festival, since it´s directly in the city and the area is closed at around 22.30 or 23.00 (but further gigs in the clubs til morning, so no worries bout that).

But there are camping sites around Helsinki, so it is possible to gather there. It will be surely fine weather, maybe little bit rain but nothing dramatically.

ah, thanks for the info, i was under a different impression 'cause noone tells me anything (except you).
i think that given the situation i'll start looking into possible solutions for everyone who doesn't have a place to crash at night.
the problem is not really bugging me as (a) i most certainly don't need or plan to sleep for a measle 3 days, and (b) if i really need some space i suppose i can just follow the band around.
but i'll take care of those who are in need.

damn this isn't even a proper festival... maybe i'll get back on the idea with the car and sleep inside.

Tranquillian said:
Does a not so hot and shorthaired metal guy fit the description? ;)
Well, you are hot. Really. I also didn't specify the metal guys had to have long hair. Okay. Sure.

We'll go to Tuska for our honeymoon. It's not India or Las Vegas, but it will do.

@Nick: yes, we vampires can turn into bats. Just tell them I'm a... special kind of bat if they ask you why you have a vampire bat in your pocket.

I'll either be staying with Tranquillian or in the cemetary (where I belong...) when I visit Tuska. :)

mousewings said:
Hot Scandinavian metal guys.... *drool* That's why I wanna go.
And here I was going for the intelligent conversation. Silly me. :rolleyes:

As far as accomodation, I had none lined up yet, but thanks for the reminder (whoever it was), I keep forgetting that tuska is like the only one of the f4/5 gigs I wanna go to that IS in a major city (ie: no camping). Was going to camp at hte other ones, as what little accomodation there would be would be bank full up by the time the gigs come around. So yeah, no camping (at least not really) at tuska. Shouldn't be too much of a biggie (big deal) though, as if I can't find anyone to stay with over that period I can always fall back on Youth Hostels as necessary (waves international youth hostel association card in air :Smug: ) guess I just have to make sure I book well in advance.

If anyone could who knows could list the nearest youth hostels/whatever to the event area it would be greatly appreciated, I could start looking into prices if necessary. It would just suck if I lined up accomodation on the outskirts of town when everything was happening in the middle. :erk:

mousewings said:
Well, you are hot. Really. I also didn't specify the metal guys had to have long hair. Okay. Sure.

We'll go to Tuska for our honeymoon. It's not India or Las Vegas, but it will do.

@Nick: yes, we vampires can turn into bats. Just tell them I'm a... special kind of bat if they ask you why you have a vampire bat in your pocket.

I'll either be staying with Tranquillian or in the cemetary (where I belong...) when I visit Tuska. :)
Seems like I have to plan for going to Tuska then ;). And I'm not hot.

Like I said before I am happy sleeping under a tree in the woods. So if you could point me to one it would be great :D. If worst comes to worst I can always make a small home out of the bag Im going to bring :D.

Nick

@Nick: How about a graveyard? They're always nearby and they're quiet.

Tranquillian said:
And I'm not hot.
Yes, you are. You're also intelligent too. and... I'm always right. Detour to Canada before visiting Tuska. :loco:

Wolfman Von Jones said:
Like I said before I am happy sleeping under a tree in the woods. So if you could point me to one it would be great :D
Can't see the forest for the tree's eh? ;)

Seriously though dude, if you're having any problems with accomodation leading up to the gig we can always go halfs on a YHA cabin roomy thing. It's a pretty sweet (cheap and nice) setup. gimme a holler if you want.

Hmm, I don't know if others are perfectly comfortable with my methods, but I don't think one needs to find a camping-site to camp in Helsinki at summer. You see, I have slept in the Kaisaniemi-park (inside a sleeping-bag, without a tent) before and I'm pretty positive there are many other places suitable for that.

The crucial thing is to have enough reliable companions to scare of people who might possible rob you, if you were alone. If 2-3 people are awake, while the others sleep, no-one will likely approach your "camp". Then again, I don't know what happens if police finds you - especially if you are drunk and noisy... :erk:

I, for one, won't bother with any pre-made plans for accommodation. If it rains like hell or is very cold (which is quite rare so south in the summer), there are some bars that are open 'til four o'clock in the morning, I think...

-Villain