The new pic thread

I was gonna ask the same thing as Del, heh. Well I hope him and the band find together, I wanna see a good show at Wacken :p

wildfyr said:
the fact that this forum is mostly anti-American?

I'd hardly call that a fact. At the most it is an exaggeration, based on a few users' vocal dislike of the American politics. I'm probably the most anti-American person on this forum, and I've shut myself up from that topic over a year ago. And considering the discussions I've had here in the past, I'd say this is the most pro-American forum I've ever been a member of. Which might tell more about my choice of forums than anything else, but it is safe to say there are plenty of people here who outright admire America.

As said before, it just seems that you read people's hate on things that are often associated with America (unfair capitalism, idiotic mass-media, commercial and military imperialism, religious fundamentalism and hypocrisy) as anti-Americanism. While the truth is that most of us would hate the same things even if, say, Sweden was seen as the main source of all these. And in that case many Swedish people would probably call us anti-Swedish.

As for the band-members and their opinions, I'll say this: I've never spoken about these things with them and I can't remember any of them expressing any hate (or even mild dislike) against any country or group of people. It might be that they just don't care or that they want to keep their thoughts to themselves. Anyways, to assume that they have some kind of secret agenda against Americans on this forum is pretty damn far-fetched in my opinion.

-Villain

AMON AMARTH

194084780_497a0bc7ec_o.jpg

194084137_46afddf5aa_o.jpg

194084857_df314dd073_o.jpg

194085104_a120dfe334_o.jpg

more amon amarth pics on http://www.flickr.com/photos/darkiller

Once and for all: "shaving arm-pits and growing beard" thing is for the Santa Claus who dances strip-tease. No less.

Villain said:
I'd hardly call that a fact. At the most it is an exaggeration, based on a few users' vocal dislike of the American politics. I'm probably the most anti-American person on this forum, and I've shut myself up from that topic over a year ago. And considering the discussions I've had here in the past, I'd say this is the most pro-American forum I've ever been a member of. Which might tell more about my choice of forums than anything else, but it is safe to say there are plenty of people here who outright admire America.

Off the topic as well:

Son, you are stuck somewhere in Finland, right? So how can you really understand what really is going on 10k km away from you and be disliking it basing all your hate and whatever on knowledge, but not on experience?

Nt3N said:
well if grim is positively-oriented the THANK you :D
while if grim is negatively-oriented then F... you :yuk:
:lol:

Are you blind or something? You should be creaming yourself screaming "LOOK WHAT AIV GOT YOU NERDS!!!!"

Teh photos turned out to be uber-necro. If I wanted to say they sucked, I'd use human language. Or didn't say anything at all :D

Capeesh?

Creator_Failure said:
How was atheist?! their entire catalog is amazing and would have loved to seen them live

It was the first time ever I listened to them and they were very good, I liked them, I'll buy some cds :) btw, the bassman fell off the stage.. well.. actually the stage split wide open as the center pavement collapsed so suddenly he disappeared down the stage and got injured.. still he continued playing and got to the hospital-camp when the show was over. great professionist! :kickass:

Nt3N said:
It was the first time ever I listened to them and they were very good, I liked them, I'll buy some cds :) btw, the bassman fell off the stage.. well.. actually the stage split wide open as the center pavement collapsed so suddenly he disappeared down the stage and got injured.. still he continued playing and got to the hospital-camp when the show was over. great professionist! :kickass:

haha thats so funny to hear, thankfully he wasn't hurt and finished the show!... they are such a vastly under appreciated band, they only have 3 releases spanning from 1990-1993 but those are three of the best progressive death metal albums ever... i encourage everyone to pick up an atheist album, you wont be dissapointed!! :headbang: