The new pic thread

It's actually quite fun. My mother said like this "Kristin, I saw a really cool haircut today. If you cut it like that I'll pay it" and I was like "Cool, I love that haircut"

One thing i do not get though. How come there some certain ways to have your hair and there are ways not to have it? Mine is an example of how shouldn't have it. It is not normal, but if you can have like for example Bill Clinton, why not this way?

Saying you hate normal is not the same as saying you're abnormal in order not to be like everyone else. Some people hate the way most people are because they find it stupid / not good / whatever, so they decide to be "abnormal", but that doesn't mean that they're abnormal just for the sake of going against the flow. It's not always the case, but it happens.

When i say I hate normal I mean I hate that normal is as in "you can not do that cause it is not normal."..... See? I hate the word. There should be no such thing. If the mass of people are a certain way they can be it and be happy about it, but i don't like people saying "this or that is normal and that's how things should be.".

I've heard people saying "Homosexuals shall not adopt, cause their children deserve a normal childhood" or "Why they should not adopt? Cause their fags. It's not normal!"
I hate that. I hate normal! Let people be the way they want as long as they do not hurt eachother!

VC: And yes. I've always had a problem with looking like others and acting like others. I do not find it fun at all.

Shortly: It's the expression I'm against.

there are cases where i'm with the majority, and obviously there are others where i disagree. but i would never stand against other opinions, but rather for my own, whether they are in sync with the majority or not.
as for extravagant looks, it gets tiresome after a while to justify your own, rather radical style, over and over again in front of others, so things like these are bound to wear off in a way, because it's just too annoying in your everyday life. at least that's what i have seen.
what's much more annoying in my book: not being recognized for what you are, but for how you look like. i can wear a chequered shirt any day and some linen trousers and become the fuddy-duddy of the year, and everyone will think just that. i could also grab my army boots and pants, put on my most colorful death metal shirt, but does that really make me a different person?
it's just the superficialness of people which is annoying, nothing else.

No, for most people, myself for example.. If you feel cenfortable with your looks you get confidance and with better confidance you can be a better person.
Ey, I'm a smart girl and I know that, but if I gain a couple of pounds or if my eyebrows havn't been picked for a while or if my hair hasn't been washed, I go and hide...... It's all about feeling good about yourself and if you can't do that because society tells you that it is not normal, do you really think that would be better.
I can't adjust my looks so you could recognize yourself. Don't care about others! Fuck them! As long as you feel good about yourself!

i concur with vc on the fact that the alternative clothing mania tends to wear out. while i still have fun playing the part of the punk occasionally, it's just something i don't need to do every day. i will never believe in something as irrelevant as clothing enough to fight with people over it - if there's a dress code i'll adhere to it no questions asked, if it does not entail anything that i find undignified, indecent or just plain ugly.

Tritonus said:
Sure you're not just saying that cause you don't like me, dear?
I dont even dislike you and even if, I dont change my opinions according to who I can annoy with them because I dont like them.
You can have your haircut however you want it, I just find the idea of being "anormal" a bit weird, since anormal is only ever what the others arent, so basically, you're quite dependant on the mass in your choice of clothes or haircut, since whenever the mass chooses to adopt your style, you have a problem.
Ive had my share of protest and not wanting to fit in, I can send you pictures of my beard with braids in it if you want, but I got tired of that at some point.

Oh come on, she's just a teenager. :)

Of course i agree with VC, hyena, Tali and Hilj.

@siren: but you're evil. teenagers hate being called teenagers. then they grow old and they pretend they are still teenagers, as if it's become likeable all of a sudden. :)

So does the male brain continue to shrink during the rest of a man's life, or does it stay in a kind of deflated stasis after the initial shrinkage?

It normally stays in a kind of deflated stasis after the initial shrinkage, but as the male body continues to grow after the age of 5 and the brain remains the same, the proportion brain/body becomes smaller against the brain. Also, some conditions like excessive drinking, drug abuse and watching sports on tv have an extra shrinking effect on the male brain.

Siren said:
It normally stays in a kind of deflated stasis after the initial shrinkage, but as the male body continues to grow after the age of 5 and the brain remains the same, the proportion brain/body becomes smaller against the brain. Also, some conditions like excessive drinking, drug abuse and watching sports on tv have an extra shrinking effect on the male brain.

Tell me about it LOL :zombie:

Sometimes I think I crap my brains out lil-by-lil...