The new pic thread

@ lolita v. hey your wedding dress is really cool, it reminds me of my sister will get married in august:yell:( I need a present until this day) and let me miss DT on summerbreeze.
anyway here some inspirations of the overflooded german autobahn where I spend the half day in my car without aircondition ...

stop and go I hate this

Gtranquillity said:
Got home a few days ago from a wonderful trip to Austria. I travelled to Innsbruck (where I met up with Dragonlady1, who was too kind to offer me a place to crash :worship: ) by train on the 10th, then to Salzburg, St Veit, Lienz, Innsbruck again and back home on the night of the 18th-19th. Here's a few pics:
2b8d2ff7.jpg

9f7d023d.jpg

105742a8.jpg
I could imagine, that this would be a terrible place for a kid to play ball.
Once the ball slips from your hands... it will roll 3 km downhill... :erk:

i actually like autobahns since i'm on the road at times no one else seems to be and i can drive as fast as the car allows. but today i have been in a jam as well - all because of some dumbfucks who can't employ the Reißverschlußsystem!

Fevermist said:
I could imagine, that this would be a terrible place for a kid to play ball.
Once the ball slips from your hands... it will roll 3 km downhill... :erk:

:tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

some changes here I see, btw... hello, Human Desert :wave:

Cici_watching_you.jpg
new one of my Cicci

and my new styling :p
paula's_twin.jpg

I'm f'kin floored by all the great new pics that have been added to this thread since I last visited. WOW!

I've got my eye on a new camera but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it as soon as I'd like to. It's a Canon but not the expensive and heavy 20D. It's the Rebel XT

371189.jpg

It's about $1,000 for the body and the lens. I've seen both for as low as $904 online and saw it in Best Buy for $950. It looks small in the pic and the body part is, but the lens when fully extended is rather large. However, in the reviews I've read, folks that purchased the Rebel XT have written that it's much lighter and smaller than the 20D, which someone said was built like a tank. :lol: Anyway, the reviews also indicate that except for the accessories, within a year both with probably obsolete anyway. Therefore, I'm thinking the XT would probably be a good purchase at this time (when I can manage it, that is.)

Erk, I'm really sorry to hear you got sick :( but as for the camera I\d say go for it! It's the same camera that I'm using and I'm really pleased with it! However, the lens really isn't that good, imho. It's very soft (not sharp) and as you like to take concert pics I (without being asked ;) ) would advise you to get a f2.8 lens, rather then the 3.5 kit lens.

Gtranquillity said:
Erk, I'm really sorry to hear you got sick :( but as for the camera I\d say go for it! It's the same camera that I'm using and I'm really pleased with it! However, the lens really isn't that good, imho. It's very soft (not sharp) and as you like to take concert pics I (without being asked ;) ) would advise you to get a f2.8 lens, rather then the 3.5 kit lens.

Cool! Thanks for the advice, G. :)

By the way, your Austria shots.... OMG. Beautiful, my dear. Just beautiful.

Human Desert said:
Siren: Whatever those things are, they're adorable!
they're called hyraxes (sing: hyrax) and according to WWF they're some of elephants' closest known relatives.
(which explains why they're so cute :Spin: )