The Next Apple iPhone (omgee)

According to the person who found it, this iPhone was running iPhone OS 4.0 before the iPhone 4.0 announcement. The person was able to play with it and see the iPhone 4.0 features. Then, Apple remotely killed the phone before we got access to it. We were unable to restore because each firmware is device specific—3GS firmware only loads on 3GS devices—and the there are no firmwares available for this unreleased phone

That's pretty crazy that they were able to do that, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement, and does make sense - at least they didn't install a self-destruct :lol:

That's pretty crazy that they were able to do that, but I guess it wouldn't be too hard to implement, and does make sense - at least they didn't install a self-destruct :lol:

not too crazy at all... it's built in functionality to every iPhone... i can do it on mine.. i just log into my account online.. from there you can lock the phone, find it via GPS and track it's movements, put a message up saying anything you want that will flash on the screen, with our without an alert sound.. and you can wipe it's memory.

Someone posted a story here a while ago of a dude hunting down the theft of his iPhone via this software. That was pretty amazing.

It looks way better now, but even with the new features in 4.0, I'd still very much rather have a state-of-the-art Android (or WebOS) phone.

not too crazy at all... it's built in functionality to every iPhone... i can do it on mine.. i just log into my account online.. from there you can lock the phone, find it via GPS and track it's movements, put a message up saying anything you want that will flash on the screen, with our without an alert sound.. and you can wipe it's memory.

Seriously? is that possible with a 3G or just 3GS? How do I go by doing that?