The Novella Reservoir Impact

Garth actually DOES have some great stuff, whether it's just fucking fun sing along party music (i can't tell you how many times i've been drunk, arm around a friend singing at the top of my lungs "AAHHH'V GOT FRIENDS IN LOOOWWWW PLACES" :lol: ) or songs that really get to me due to a particular time in my life (The Dance). For country, i prefer guys like Townes Van Zandt (not country in the typical sense? I don't know much about the genre) or other stuff like that.

But then again, that makes up about 5% of my music listening time :lol:

Very well said, Larry. Of the points you made in your first post, what resounds loudest to me is that if someone claimed to love Metal 20 or 30 yrs ago(like my drunken friend) and now has a basic disdain for it, then I agree he never truly "loved" it anyway. As for me, I must emphatically state that I respect all musicians that are true to their art regardless of genre. I at times dig Grahm Parsons(Grievous Angel) Johnny Cash is a country icon, Townes Van Zandt writes good country-blues, and I always dug the Eagles album "Desperado." This being a metal forum, I never thought of mentioning my tastes for country. As far as "rap,hip-hop" well, I'm sorry but I think they should all be loaded into a Port-a-John and blown up with a rocket propelled grenade launcher. Ready-Aim Fire.

Yeah, Gram Parsons (The Flying Burrito Bros) is great. I only have one Byrds album, Sweetheart of the Rodeo, which has Gram Parsons on it too. It's awesome.

If you liked Sweetheart of the Rodeo, check out some of the later albums too like "The Ballad Of Easy Rider" and "Untitled", from 1969 and 1970 respectively. They have the lineup with Gene Parsons, Skip Batton, and Clarence White (who I think was one of the greatest guitarists of that period, AMAZING Nashville style musician.)

Ha ha ha, a weird topic in yet again a derailed thread, but it's good to know I am not the only guy that occasionally likes a little Garth Brooks. As for Cash, i know I will catch shit for this one(as my guitarist loves him and we argue all the time) But I just can't dig on Cash, can't do it at all. I appreciate and respect his talent and recognize what he did for his(and several others) genre and all, but honestly, it is just not my thing. He was a badass though lol. I appreciate all music if it is heartfelt. Lately, I have just been really getting more and more into jeff Buckley.

just got novella reservoir...KILLER ALBUM! its getting better and better w/ every listen. Lot of different influences on this one. More death metal, and even #6 i think it is, the beginning sounds like old metallica.

*Visible* impact of TNR at WVLP....

MVC-010F.JPG

Awesome!! I just got a Street Team package from the End.
I got a few of the Novella Reservoir posters.
I hope to be getting those out to some stores soon.

just got novella reservoir...KILLER ALBUM! its getting better and better w/ every listen. Lot of different influences on this one. More death metal, and even #6 i think it is, the beginning sounds like old metallica.

Yeah, it's getting better and better for me too. I was listening to the album while performing my morning ablutions and it was hard to stay focused. :headbang:

Carly, my little niece, who was part of the reason for my initial post now is driving me insane about meeting Vito. Her little mind can't seem to grasp that he is not readily available, and that her Uncle(me) doesn't know Vito personally. Anyway, what do you tell a 3 yr old who obviously has a "crush". I'm at a loss for words to get her to understand, she says, "call him on my new cell-phone" It's a TOY phone. I don't know man.

Carly, my little niece, who was part of the reason for my initial post now is driving me insane about meeting Vito. Her little mind can't seem to grasp that he is not readily available, and that her Uncle(me) doesn't know Vito personally. Anyway, what do you tell a 3 yr old who obviously has a "crush". I'm at a loss for words to get her to understand, she says, "call him on my new cell-phone" It's a TOY phone. I don't know man.

Tell her that Vito likes the cock. :lol: