The odd 2 out

SLAYER85

Old School Youngin
Mar 10, 2002
north carolina
Visit site
let me ask yall, i own volume 8, and ive listend to stomp 442, i just wanna ask yall how youc an like these cds? and am i wrong in saying they have no real comparison to wcfya, in my oppinon no, but i really just dont get these cds/like them, maybe after a few million more listens iw ill but no time soon, flame me now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with wcfya i was really hoping they would go more in the style of stomp than volume 8 and boy did they deliver,volume isnt a bad record but it just doesnt have the inensity that stomp and wcfya have.

I like WCFYA more than Volume 8 and Stomp, but I love both records if you ask me. Volume 8 is one of the best rock CDs ever for me!

V8 is my least favorite LP from the Bush era but I'm still gonna buy the re-release in 2 days. I miss some of the songs on it. I haven't heard them in ages due to my inability to replace my scratched up copy. To me, it's like an over produced demo.

I'm getting the V8 this week and I ordered a copy of the Inside Out single. I want to pick up Stomp to beef up my CD collections. It sucks when you have about 300 CDs stolen. \nn/ :yell:

dutchy said:
so now Trax is a rockband??
Well, I meant something...general. And would you say Volume 8 is a METAL record? There are few "rock" songs really, don't you think? And...Toast To The Extras is the best country rock song I've heard! :hotjump: smartass posts...

I LOVE both albums, but Stomp is better IMO. Volume 8 has a couple of weak tracks (Big Fat, Hogtied, Toast To The Extras) but the other tracks kick ass, like Crush (one of my favs), Catharsis, and Stealing From A Thief. Stomp 442 kicks ass from start to finish, even with Bare to close it out, which is a really great song. Only complaint with Stomp is that some of the songs sound familiar, here are my favorite Bush era albums, in order of greatness:

We've Come For You All
Sound Of White Noise
Stomp 442
Volume 8

johnnieCzech said:
Well, I meant something...general. And would you say Volume 8 is a METAL record? There are few "rock" songs really, don't you think? And...Toast To The Extras is the best country rock song I've heard! :hotjump: smartass posts...
damn europeans!!!!

Of course Volume 8 was the first Anthrax I ever heard, so it was the defining album for me. So when I heard old Anthrax with Joey, I thought what the fuck this singer's voice is anoying.

I think it is my 2nd favorite, after WCFYA. Of course there are songs I like better than most on those 2 albums, but I like whole albums that have variation in musical styles.