The OFFICIAL "ŵG I'M SO FUCKING ARTSY!" - The Artsy Photo Thread

THat is indeed one of the nicest places in Holland. I mean, where I live, all there is, is flat fields with vegetables and all

I have a few photos that I printed yesterday in the dark room, they're for my photography class, some of them are good and some of the aren't that great :p I'l gonna scan/resize them and when I do, I'll put the here :)

Here are some of them:

2hyx746.jpg

n5gbv5.jpg

This one's my favorite:

120nryu.jpg

2emjsd0.jpg

and this last one would have made a great shot if it was in focus. This is, I took these last month and it was freezing, my hads were so cold so I didn't bother to take my time and take a good photo :p

2z89h14.jpg

sry for the double post.

Here are some of them:

2hyx746.jpg

n5gbv5.jpg

This one's my favorite:

120nryu.jpg

2emjsd0.jpg

and this last one would have made a great shot if it was in focus. This is, I took these last month and it was freezing, my hads were so cold so I didn't bother to take my time and take a good photo :p

2z89h14.jpg

sry for the double post.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, I really loooooooooooooove the pics!!!!! Great work, really!! :)

Here are some of them:

2hyx746.jpg

n5gbv5.jpg

This one's my favorite:

120nryu.jpg

2emjsd0.jpg

2z89h14.jpg

sry for the double post.

The first two are just lovely. Btw, how did you get them on the computer? I want to scan some pics I'm getting developed at the moment, but I have no idea if that's going to work:err:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, I really loooooooooooooove the pics!!!!! Great work, really!! :)

hehe thanks :)

The first two are just lovely. Btw, how did you get them on the computer? I want to scan some pics I'm getting developed at the moment, but I have no idea if that's going to work:err:

I scan them, in high resolution so that the photo comes out huge on the pc. Those pictures were about 15000 pixels x 11000 pixels when I scanned them hehe, then I resized them to about 600x400 to enhance the qualitiy. I also sharpened those photos on photoshop, because they were a little blury.

i haven't post here for some fucking long time but i do lurk here constantly so i will use the opportunity to say to every body good posts and contribution to the thread.

ok, this is something i end up with while i was working on reinventing the kettle, sketching pages over pages in search for cool shape.
in the end i decided, fuck it. and you know? it works!
img3975ny3.jpg

I love the shading, it looks cool as hell. I've always wanted to do pen drawings like that, I find it difficult to do traight lines like the ones in the shaded areas :p hehe

very nice.

I find these amazing... seriously.

Here are some of them:

2hyx746.jpg

n5gbv5.jpg

This one's my favorite:

120nryu.jpg

2emjsd0.jpg

2z89h14.jpg

sry for the double post.

Well, I had already told you but gotta repeat you're a very good photographer to me... thanks for posting your pics/works again.

i haven't post here for some fucking long time but i do lurk here constantly so i will use the opportunity to say to every body good posts and contribution to the thread.

ok, this is something i end up with while i was working on reinventing the kettle, sketching pages over pages in search for cool shape.
in the end i decided, fuck it. and you know? it works!
img3975ny3.jpg
Whoa, Ruins! I can say you're very talented looking even at only this drawing you posted, the sign you use is great, it's very professional... did you attend some kind of an artistic school too?

┼Victim of the Night┼;7005307 said:
Well, I had already told you but gotta repeat you're a very good photographer to me... thanks for posting your pics/works again.

Thanks Eli :D

btw, Ruins, did you use any particular pen for that drawing?

I love the shading, it looks cool as hell. I've always wanted to do pen drawings like that, I find it difficult to do traight lines like the ones in the shaded areas :p hehe
very nice.
its matter of practice just draw don't think and you will end up with better results than mine

┼Victim of the Night┼;7005307 said:
Whoa, Ruins! I can say you're very talented looking even at only this drawing you posted, the sign you use is great, it's very professional... did you attend some kind of an artistic school too?

i did go to some arts class for kids when i was young but we didn't develop anything we were more like encouraged to do something so i see it as my push. during the high school time i was busy drawing and not listening to the teacher it was perhaps my true practice after school time i had long depressive era it comes back to me only now days (4 years of almost complete creative death)
and by the way this is not my first post here, this one was
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/4614156-post202.html
hmm looks like the final result pic is dead

Thanks Eli :D

btw, Ruins, did you use any particular pen for that drawing?
the most ordinary and simple black ballpoint pen that you can get

Sieht geil aus, Ruins!

i did go to some arts class for kids when i was young but we didn't develop anything we were more like encouraged to do something so i see it as my push. during the high school time i was busy drawing and not listening to the teacher it was perhaps my true practice after school time i had long depressive era it comes back to me only now days (4 years of almost complete creative death)
Ah yeah, now I understand... I did attend a total artistic high school (it lasted for a total of 5 years) before going to university, and I asked you if you did the same cuz in these schools the teachers force you to pay a lot of attention to the sign you use, they want a "mature" sign, you must develop a particular and professional style, which was just what you seem to have. :)

Oh, I swear I hadn't seen your first post here... thanks for showing us, your other drawings are seriously among the best of this thread, in my opinion!
Very compliments, I love the way you draw.

┼Victim of the Night┼;7006076 said:
Ah yeah, now I understand... I did attend a total artistic high school (it lasted for a total of 5 years) before going to university, and I asked you if you did the same cuz in these schools the teachers force you to pay a lot of attention to the sign you use, they want a "mature" sign, you must develop a particular and professional style, which was just what you seem to have. :)
i did go to high school 10-12 class with accent on arts but they again didn't show practically how to do it or where and how you do it wrong they just guided with some spacey loony explanations and you had to discover the artist in you by your self.

Oh, I swear I hadn't seen your first post here... thanks for showing us, your other drawings are seriously among the best of this thread, in my opinion!
Very compliments, I love the way you draw.
you are welcome and thank you :)

man those are great. Awesome job.

Well I have to say I live in one of the most beautiful areas I've seen in Holland, there are so many things to see here and they're all different. For example the place where I took those pictures... When you walk there on one side you see all the "african" stuff, but when you turn around you're in the middle of green fields:lol:
Do you by any chance know where exactly in Emmen that was?:O My ex lives close to a lake and a forest there :rofl:

Near the city itself? I live in a side-village of emmen, and outside of it theres also a forest with a lake.. but there are alot of little lakes+forests here.. Erm, gieb more info. If im bored ill go there and make a pic and show you :lol:

EDIT: Also, who's your ex? Big chance i know him :lol:

Near the city itself? I live in a side-village of emmen, and outside of it theres also a forest with a lake.. but there are alot of little lakes+forests here.. Erm, gieb more info. If im bored ill go there and make a pic and show you :lol:

EDIT: Also, who's your ex? Big chance i know him :lol:

Jos Arling.. woont ergens in zo'n nieuwbouw wijk met verneukte straatnamen:p (granietsoorten ofzo:guh:) en daar vlakbij is een of ander meer waar je niet in kan zwemmen omdat et water giftig is blabla. Is nogal ver van t centrum voor zover ik weet (ben dr ook maar 2 keer ofzo geweest :rofl:):p
Oh en dr zit daar een vakantiepark in de buurt.

This looks so amazing! You should design CD covers dude!
I don't draw at all, so stupid question: How do you colour the sketches?
haha thanks i have been toled that many times but i just don't feel like i could really do it i don't see my self with the propriety skills for that yet
(my problem is that i am never satisfied with my self)
and to answer your question watch this videos and you will get the idea
its all about fucking around with it
also it is important to work in layers in photoshop but not too many just few for an easier work

this is exactly how i worked on my reaper

i reuploaded the final version in case you want to see it
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/image-hosting-2/4469reaper.jpg

and some advanced skills but the same technique

and if you are confused about how to reach this levels start from drawing with pencil and shade it with black and white.
do some dramatic shadows and and sharp devisions between light and darkness.
after you got the idea of this the whole color and rendering will come to you naturally already

i have reuploaded the final reaper pic that does not present on my previous post
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/image-hosting-2/4469reaper.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: