The OFFICIAL "ŵG I'M SO FUCKING ARTSY!" - The Artsy Photo Thread

I used to practice shading by drawing rocks, because the surface of a rock is very uneven so you get lots of different tones of shadow. Haven't doneany serious drawings lately...I did a quick pen drawing yesterday while in class (seeing ruins' pen drawing made me want to improve my skills :p), I'll scan it and upload it later hehe.

Anyway, I think rocks are great for practicing shading, your bed sheets are also good for that (soft shading).

Oh, I just realized, I left my sketch book at my mom's house yesterday :p I'll upload the drawing tomorrow hehe

Jos Arling.. woont ergens in zo'n nieuwbouw wijk met verneukte straatnamen:p (granietsoorten ofzo:guh:) en daar vlakbij is een of ander meer waar je niet in kan zwemmen omdat et water giftig is blabla. Is nogal ver van t centrum voor zover ik weet (ben dr ook maar 2 keer ofzo geweest :rofl:):p
Oh en dr zit daar een vakantiepark in de buurt.

Rietlanden? Die straten zijn allemaal genoemd naar vogels :lol:
Da vakantiepark is Parc Sandur.. erm, dan is dat meertje de rietplas. Hmm, jos arling.. heeft ie een broertje Maikel? Hm. geen foto toevallig? :eek:

I'm doing a drawing for an art project of a girl whos falling down in ruins

001-2.jpg

008.jpg

We must write something with it, I will write (with fucked up writting) an old poem I wrote.

Rietlanden? Die straten zijn allemaal genoemd naar vogels :lol:
Da vakantiepark is Parc Sandur.. erm, dan is dat meertje de rietplas. Hmm, jos arling.. heeft ie een broertje Maikel? Hm. geen foto toevallig? :eek:

weet wel dat 1 broertje tom heet en die andere ben k vergeten:p kan trouwens wel zijn dat het de rietplas is, die naam zegt me wel wat.. maar hij woont aan deeee.. sodalietstraat/weg/weetikhet ofzoiets, lijkt mij geen vogel:loco:
en een foto wil je helemaal niet:p

haha thanks i have been toled that many times but i just don't feel like i could really do it i don't see my self with the propriety skills for that yet
(my problem is that i am never satisfied with my self)
and to answer your question watch this videos and you will get the idea
its all about fucking around with it
also it is important to work in layers in photoshop but not too many just few for an easier work

this is exactly how i worked on my reaper

i reuploaded the final version in case you want to see it
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/image-hosting-2/4469reaper.jpg

and some advanced skills but the same technique

and if you are confused about how to reach this levels start from drawing with pencil and shade it with black and white.
do some dramatic shadows and and sharp devisions between light and darkness.
after you got the idea of this the whole color and rendering will come to you naturally already

i have reuploaded the final reaper pic that does not present on my previous post
http://hosting03.imagecross.com/image-hosting-2/4469reaper.jpg

how did u make that exhalation plz? (reaper pic)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok...here's again sth by me ;Penjoy and rate plz...
gene.jpg
looks good, add some high lights in this DNA chain to make it look more real and maybe on this pipe around too.

how did i do my reaper well i took my black nad white drawing and started to redraw it with mouse on new layer in photoshop. the more far i went more layers i had for example 1 layer for the hands 1 layer for scythe couple layers for background etc... you can see very well what do i mean in this youtube videos i have posted before.

@knarfi and Remnant of Insanity
could you please not hijack the thread and chat some where else?
it seems like you are the only one who understand what you are talking about any way

basically i just wanted to know how u made that fog...:lol: thx for the hints
i started from some random lines added some blure effect randomly erased parts out of it repeated the first step couple times made couple copies of my random crap rotated it in different variations and sizes and after i had the basic composition that i liked i removed the not needed parts from all the layers to make it look the way it does.

@knarfi
exactly.

@knarfi and Remnant of Insanity
could you please not hijack the thread and chat some where else?
it seems like you are the only one who understand what you are talking about any way
no. its a forum, ill say whatever i want, whereever and whenever i want.

Nope, ken em niet. Ik was wel @ gorgoroth in leeuwarden :lol:!

w00t. heb dr nog wel meer emmenaren gezien toen:p kleine wereld :rofl: