The official and most atmospheric Children of Joonas thread

:zombie:

For some reason I like the SK video the most. The first time I've seen it I thought it was made by a random fan and I wasn't really impressed but now I think it's pretty cool. I have never seen the WIWI video yet. Only the first seconds when that preview came out.

They should take a look at their fellow countryman HIM or Sentenced. They made some really cool videos in the past with a good story. The killing me, killing you video is propably one of the best videos I've ever seen yet. At least from a metal band.

Oh and I really like this Follow The Reaper version
Follow_the_Reaper____by_MattTheSamurai.jpg

How is that a FTR version? It's got no lake. I would like it if only the scythe was badass. It's weird how people make the scythes so comical.

Yes and like I said it would be more adult if the scythe wasn't so obvious and the water and sky was turquoise, that's how I'd do it anyway. Reaper artwork easily ends up lame.

This one is quite creative, with the little bunny on the right down corner bringing nice contrast to the feeling. I'm still not happy with this scythe tho. It's hard to make the scythe look grotesque instead of cliché.

328x425.aspx

2:45 - 2:55 Alexi's facial expression when hearing Joonas's deep atmosphere question. :lol: That face would make a worthy moving graphic image for my sig... I think he was surprised by my interesting questions. He doesn't get ones like that often. Of course these come so fast and unexpected and he only has a few seconds time to answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2Uw4sM4zk

While waiting for the new COB I'm satiating myself with my second favourite band. This artist contains a massive amount of epic music.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't hate all computer music. (Besides they record and play real electric guitars and perform live as well.) The thing I hate about computer music is when the self-repetition gets seriously out of hand especially with the catchy parts, and the way computer "musicians" can just rip say a Bodom-melody and repeat it 50 times in their "song" and people think they're genious.

I think RiB shares many elements with Bodom, such as the melodic and intense dark atmosphere with beautiful melodies and climaxes and an adrenalic (or romantic) feel, the beats get the blood pumping. Perfect music for a night out at the city. They also share elements with Marilyn Manson, save for the goofiness and lack of stable creativity that plague MM.

This is what I mean by how the work with the lyrics can serve for the song, not the words themselves but the way the whole thing's put together with the music to make interesting vocal sections...

3:15 - 3:35 and the part starting from 2:00. These parts are fucking gold.

I love the way Hypocrisy creates these atmospheric melodic death metal guitar riffs... It's the speciality of the band. So many great songs.

I like that song. I should listen to more Hypocrisy, i like the dark doom-ish soundworld, even if its not my style!
Okay so what do i like? Here it is i think it really has a vibe what i like, even if the structure of the song is quite simple.

Here you can check out the whole EP its amazing for a first album :)

and yes its made by 2 guys :)

It's impressive how Peter can pull off really low pitch vocals and change back to the high pitch ones... Also some clear vocals. This song is incredibly atmospheric and you've all the vocal styles. After the atmospheric melodies of the intro there's the first verse at 1:30 where the clear vocals gel with the music uniquely, then come a mix of low and high pitch vocals.

I think previously I actually meant it sounds great when the vocals and lyrics sometimes take clever ways to deray from the music momentarily.

Great music, probably I'm gonna listen to more into it when I'm older... I understand now why you like so much Punch Me I Bleed.

I should make focus this on a live DVD thread, but this needs attention because the time for a new COB live DVD is now...

If it's a good live DVD, it will boost the ticket sales. If it's bad, it will not. And right now the set is very good - and I'd suspect the band wants to have a live DVD of their best live performances since the old days, when they're old, so they can look back with something better than crappy youtube videos. Here's a chronological list of songs they should play for it:

Deadnight Warrior
Warheart
Silent Night
Downfall
Bodom After Midnight
Children of Decadence
Everytime I Die
Chokehold
Angels
Living Dead Beat
Blooddrunk
Shovel Knockout
Halo of Blood
Scream for Silence
Transference
All Twisted

I hope the band takes this suggestion and makes it happen. Remember, lots of fog and good light themes, and instead of Alexi's ego trip use more serious passages with lots of atmospheric horror-samples, some of that stuff's been really good. For an epic live DVD this is very important. Also a very interesting intro; the RRF intro was really nice, as well as that atmospheric techno intro used a year ago.

Climax can be created with the order of songs of course - don't rush straight on stage with a cut version of Transference. One suggestion I have is Chokehold for opening track, and finish the song without the last "chokehold till the end... fuck yeaaah" vocals, instead proceed shortly into the next song (maybe Warheart) to create tension. Another excellent option would be Children of Decadence (full song) for opening track, as long as Alexi delivers on the vocal side with ridiculous amounts of malevolent energy.

Man that's a great idea, too bad it's pearls for pigs, because I doubt it will ever happen.

Little hope never hurts, though.

Another thing "halo of blood" could refer to is the way a person suddenly becomes much more appreciated when he dies. It's basically another way to think about this song, but in a dark way, as the death is dealt through suicide... or? I kind of missed whether this Tonmi Lillman died of suicide or not? And whether HoB or DMHoY is about suicide?

0:45 -> This fucking genious song needs to go on a live DVD. The intro, the prechorus, chorus, the orchestral hits, all amazing, the solos are impressive too.

I just got a crystal ball and here's the songs for the 2014 live DVD setlist:

Deadnight Warrior
Warheart
Hatebreeder
Bodom After Midnight
Children of Decadence
Taste of My Scythe
Chokehold
Angels Don't Kill
Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet
Blooddrunk
Shovel Knockout
Halo of Blood
Scream for Silence
Bodom Blue Moon
All Twisted

This is just one of the options that would be a thriller.