The official and most atmospheric Children of Joonas thread

I'm pretty fucking sure in 2014 Bodom will release a live DVD... it will turn this silence into monstrous fanmania again. It will include Cruel Summer cover, Halo of Blood video filmed on the wintery lake (due to warm winter the lakes or still nowhere near frozen), and a live gig... But where will this live gig be situated and what will be the setlist, is something to speculate. What turns me off real bad is they acutally INTENDED to record Wacken 2012, which was a bad gig and consisted mainly of the same songs as CRY. The shit they've been doing this year (and fall 2012) has been very good. Atmospheric passages, good stage-art, etc. Just be sure to play some of the old classics and more exciting songs... Warheart, Chokehold, and some surprises... I'll talk about them later...

I think it is clear that Dissection was inspiration for the whole Halo Of Blood album, and this seems to be the main inspiration for the title track:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why? Because of a electric guitar and riffing?

I know some song title stuff and shit is similar to that Dissection shit album... or maybe they have the same inspiration? You can't deny the drumming and tremolo picking in the song I posted cannot be sheer coincidence with HoB. Original roots, wherever they may be...

It's funny how I found that song when searching halo of blood. How is it linked, when it doesn't contain the keywords. The intro is basically the same.

You seem to know a lot about black metal riffing. Please enlighten me.

I'd never guessed that blast beats and tremolo picking were a key element of that until I read your post.

I'm not denying that the Rancorous song hasn't got the same elements but man...

Black metal is so dark, energetic and atmospheric... very potential genre, unfortunately polluted by wannabes. The world is still lacking a truly great black metal band.

Joonas I fucking demand you an epic Halo of Blood track by track review of each song.

I've been waiting like months. You have fans, dude.

I liked this ghost cover. Better than the original.
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=9OUWgxu7xng[/YOUTUBE]

I just gave this a couple spins when doing sports in the summer paradise, I suggest checking it out, lots of cool atmospheric stuff, there's like ancient witch dance music and dark electro.

Last edited by a moderator:
Done with Everything just as good. The amount of atmosphere is arguable (for me it's there), but the song kicks ass regardless.

I always liked the version Alexi and Janne played at NAMM 2008 where they just add random solos and stuff to the song. (Starts at 1:06)
[youtube]watch?v=5UsS-wU48kw?t=66s[/youtube]