The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
In light of the multiple "hey check out this/my band/site/radio show" threads scattered around the forum, I've made this official thread. So please post all entries here that are along the lines of..

..check out my band/project/new song/cd..
..check out this band/project/new song/cd..
..check out my/this radio show..
..my band needs a <fill in the blank> player..

..or the like.

I'm going to close all the various promotion threads that are open now, so feel free to repost your info here if you want to continue with existing conversations. Thanks! :)

What is this cheesy sissy mary balless singing crap... just kidding. Sorry, I'm just in a really sarcastic (mocking) mood after an encounter with insufferable brutal death elitists. Anyhow...

After listening to a lot of power/prog metal I've realised the importance of a distinctive singer which you most definitely have in a good way.

The guitars a mixed especially thin one the three tracks I listened to. A good portion of the time i was straining to hear them through the singer.

Good keyboard atmosphere.

I know precisely nothing about drums so, as usual, they sound good to me.

Bass goes well under the guitars riffs even if thin like the guitars.

Overall... get signed. I want to listen to more of this. (I have a hole in my collection of the more laid back relaxing music.

Well, it's not a band but my own solo stuff can be d'loaded from the link in my sig. Bulk Wizard (http://omwresearch.pcplayground.com/files/tsr/bulk_wizard/) is a mix of thrash/jazz/etc. Quality is poor, as I don't have much for recording gear, but the whole point is to get the ideas down. There's even a bad cover of Opeth's Harvest with Irish Tin Whistle and another bad cover of Pick up the Pieces by Average White Band. On that song I use the Sharper Image Saxxy (Electric)Kazoo. Why? I don't want you guys to take me too seriously? ;)

Thraxz said:
What is this cheesy sissy mary balless singing crap... just kidding. Sorry, I'm just in a really sarcastic (mocking) mood after an encounter with insufferable brutal death elitists. Anyhow...

After listening to a lot of power/prog metal I've realised the importance of a distinctive singer which you most definitely have in a good way.

The guitars a mixed especially thin one the three tracks I listened to. A good portion of the time i was straining to hear them through the singer.

Good keyboard atmosphere.

I know precisely nothing about drums so, as usual, they sound good to me.

Bass goes well under the guitars riffs even if thin like the guitars.

Overall... get signed. I want to listen to more of this. (I have a whole in my collection of the more laid back relaxing music.

Thanks for taking the time to check out our site. We appreciate your comments very much. As for the "cheesy sissy mary balless" singing remark, you should see what I wear on the stage. I have a pink tu tu that looks great with my lavendar spandex. HaHaHa!!! How did you know I was from San Francisco. Just kidding. Anyway, the songs that are available on the web site are all older songs that I came in and re-recorded with the band to up-date them with my vocals. The new material that we are currently working on is much darker and heavier. When we release "Nightfall" & "Premonition" you will get to hear my other influences as well. I don't sound like Cookie Monster like the so-called death metal elitists but I think that if you are into the darker side of metal you will like it.

Thanks again.
Eric Boles
www.timelinemusic.net

Lady of the Oracle, please don't do that.

So many people's posts will get lost in the mix and ignored. The individual links allow for people to comment on what they thought of the band or what they think about the new album. Sure they could do that on this thread, but it would end up being disjointed and slightly incoherent.

PMA said:
OK, ill be the first to say "check out my band" at www.timelinemusic.net. We had one of our tracks included in the ProgPower compilation CD this year. Would appreciate feedback on our music.

Thanks,

Paul

I liked this - a little too mellow for my personal tastes, but very tight. The mix could use some work. If you're recording some heavier stuff, I'd definitely be interested in hearing it, so shoot me an email and let me know when it's available. cryptakeys@earthlink.net
Pamela

You can check our music out at CRYPTAMERIA

@cryptakeys: Good stuff, not quite my personal taste of music, but still good work. :headbang:

@PMA: Also really cool music. I downloaded Mirror and Journey, and I don't think the guitars are too thin. They fit to the rest of the sound quite well.

You can reach my band's homepage by clicking on my sig.
Here are two tracks from our debut album "Sunborn"
The Awakening

My Prison In Time

On our homepage you can find more samples, if you're interested.

Katalepsy said:
If only I could afford studio time, or even my own recording equipment...All I have now are MIDI files of my old band's work...It's good shit though.

That it is.

You know...you could download a demo version of Cakewalk or something and just record the midi instruments minus the guitar, and then do the guitars yourself. That works until you can find a studio and a full group of guys to record everything.

Liquid Shadow said:
That it is.

You know...you could download a demo version of Cakewalk or something and just record the midi instruments minus the guitar, and then do the guitars yourself. That works until you can find a studio and a full group of guys to record everything.

Or send it to one of us, we'll port it into Cakewalk/Sonar/yada yada, put some sampled instruments to it, set it up as an MP3, and you'd at least have something to show for your work.