The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

well, there's a time and place for everything.

www.davidmbailey.com

I'm biased in my opinion since I work for him, but if you are looking for something of the non-prog/non-shredding variety of music in the form of something Cat Stevens-esque, then check out the MP3 Archives on his site.

Glenn

This is not my band, it's actually my bro's band (I'm between bands right now) but they are AMAZING. I can't really describe them in any particular genre because of the diversity of the song-writing but visit www.earthstoodstill.com and check em out. The samples that play when you visit the page are kinda dated and they've grown since that recording, but the songs still rock. If you live in or around the NYC, do yourself a favor and check em out.

Any drummers out there interested, we are a progressive metal band out of Newburgh, NY. Newburgh is about 1 hr from paramus, NJ and 1hr 20min from NY City. Our sound and style can be categorized in the Dream Theater, Symphony X, Spiral Architect realm. Our website address is located at www.shadowimage.net. You will see our e-mails on the home page, so please feel free to contact one of us. Thanks!!!!!!!

Some of you might know me from the Ytsejam mailing list, as well as TeoF. I play guitar in a not-really-prog, non-shred band in San Francisco called Kineto. The music is influenced by bands like Primus, Faith No More, Devo and a little bit of Rush. Sort of. Anyway, it would be groovy if y'all would check us out for a second.

Official site: http://www.kineto.net
Myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/kineto

We've got 13 songs recorded, mixed and mastered, ready to be released on CD within the next month or so.

Thanks.

Rick Audet
San Francisco

Hey, everyone!! Check out my radio station, Rapture Radio!! 24-hours of great metal--power, death, black, prog, viking, doom, and everything in between. No nu-metal.

Unsigned/underground bands: If you want your music played on Rapture Radio, check out the site--the address is listed where you can send your cd.

The audio that starts automatically is from an old recording, and the songs we are writing now are considerably better than these, but it's a good representation. (If you don't enjoy the song that starts up, cycle through, there are a bunch and the style varies). It aint exactly prog, but our guitarist grew up playing all sorts of prog and has the chops. Double-neck! (fretted and fretless)

www.earthstoodstill.com

Hey, does anyone here love the music from the video game Chrono Trigger? I sure as hell do. In fact, I did a re-arrangement of the Zeal theme, check it out if you feel so inclined.

Hey, does anyone here love the music from the video game Chrono Trigger? I sure as hell do. In fact, I did a re-arrangement of the Zeal theme, check it out if you feel so inclined.

Magus' Theme. I remember when I first got Chrono Trigger for SNES, I would have Magus join my party over and over just to hear his theme. It was so god damn awesome! So dark and kickass! MASTERPIECE! (all of Chrono Trigger was a masterpiece)

-Kronikle

check out www.considerthemusic.com. If you wanna hear their latest mp3's, and trust me, you do, go on DC++, enter the hub called futuregrooves, look for joeshabadoo. After you've dled my file list, go into, mydocuments, mymusic, itunes, itunesmusic. Then dl the 5 mp3s by CTS in the folder. You can check out who they are exactly on their site. They are amazing. If you're wondering, the mp3s were recorded live with 3 crap mics in a garage.

*BUMP!*

I just thought I would let everyone know that my new band is in the works...And myself and other current members are going to be recording next week more than likely. So we should have the songs hosted on a website sometime between now and the end of January, hopefully. For now...I would like to remind everyone to check out some of our songs at http://katalepsy.741.com (MIDIs still). And apparently our MP3 of Escape is no longer being hosted, so if you haven't heard it, tough shit. Just kidding, if you ask, I'll send it to you.

OfSinsAndShred said:
http://www.geocities.com/seven_stringjp/tunes.html

I have some MIDIs. I finally got some recording stuff, so audio on the way.

PM me or email me and let me know what you think, if you like it... or if you think it sucks!
Pretty good stuff! It's good to see that I'm not the only one that just has MIDI files. People seem to overlook the people who don't have real recordings, since I guess being able to write a good song doesn't show your actual talent...Oh well, I still think it gets the job done well enough. :)