The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Sure you can. That statement is ridiculous. Or rather the fact that you look at computer generated "noise" as a replacement for music as opposed to a tool. I think it's just as legitimate as real drums since it still takes skill to produce a decent product.

WELLLLLLP I finally made a new song after 3 months of stagnancy. This is one is very different from my previous ones though, as it's much more detailed and the drums don't suck nearly as much considering I spent a lot of time on them. It's definitely my best work to date. There's no vocals yet, but it's worth listening to iyam.

Listen to For Ages Ahead on my band page!

Rofl song names rofl promotion CAPITAL LETTERS OUT NOW!!!11eleven

drum machines aren't that bad. :erk:

Someone needs to listen to Powerslave more.
Only Back In The Village is an Iron Maiden song, not hte other one.

I LOVE YOU! :worship:

In a non-gay sort of way, of course.

Someone needs to listen to Powerslave more.
Only Back In The Village is an Iron Maiden song, not hte other one.
Lmao, oh well. It has nothing to do with Iron Maiden, although Iron Maiden of course is liek onE OF TEh BEST BAND EVRAR!1!1!!one

edit: rofl, changed the song name on the myspace page, but I'm keeping this name for the album. I had no clue that Iron Maiden made a song with the exact same name, so I guess that's awesome... or something.

Yeah...the drums aren't real. We've only recently started to discuss going through the annoyance of recording actual drums. :oops: Of course we always have the option of replacing the fake drums with actual drums once we figure out how to record them and have them sound decent, but I'm not sure when that's going to happen. Thanks for the compliments though. :)

replacing fake drums with real drums can be difficult, you need a real good pair of headphones to cut out enough background sound for the drummer to hear the recording while they are playing. this is the issue we have at the moment in recording for my band, just cant hear a click, and we have loads of tempo changes and stuff as well songs sound quite cool though, like the way you are playing at "bloodstock" lol.

That's actually a good point. We were just going to have him play to a metronome at the speed of the song (since we don't have any tempo changes), but I don't think he knows the songs well enough to know when to change parts. We'll probably try headphones since ours are pretty good, but if that doesn't work, then it's not a big deal to just keep the fake drums.