The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Circus Maximus announced their new album, Isolate, and its tracklist in their newsletter.

isolate_cover.gif

They are also redesigning the website and have posted the cover art and a sample of Wither from the new album. I cannot wait.

Circus Maximus Official Site
CM Newsletter
Sample of new track, Wither

Well, just as you read in the post title. It's my band. We do a Prog Power with some classical and hard rock things. Our influences go from Helloween, Stratovarius, Masterplan, Gamma Ray, to Dream Theater, Symphony X, Adagio passing through some Melodic Death like Children Of Bodom and some Hard Rock things from the 80's. I hope you like it. Soon will be a web page and I will post the cd cover if you want to.
The Band are: Sergio and Daniel in guitars, Juan in Drums, Alejandro in voices, Matias in Keyboards and me (Nacho) in Bass. If you want to contact us, my e-mail is sxbodom@hotmail.com. Thank you very much for download and listen the E.P

http://rapidshare.com/files/38929349/CENTURIO.rar

Yes, you were.... I beat Jax to the move though! :)

Wildchild Romeo - If I can dig back 3-4 pages to find the self promotions thread, so can you. Please make sure you post stuff like this to the right place.....TIA!

Meet me in st louis are a band from the next town over from me, they have just recorded an album with alex newport (OMFEGS?!) and one of their new tracks, "i'm going home sick" is up on their myspace, take a listen... they are probably the most insanely technical band ive ever seen, and they are phenomenal live!

I started doing Metal Mondays at Revolver Rock Bar off 80th and Metcalf in Overland Park, Kansas at the beginning of April. Attendance has been good only about 1/4 of the time, so I am trying to improve that.

Revolver has a music video system so I play 90 minutes,which starts at 930, of music videos featuring Glam, Hard Rock, Metal that you can find on the radio. Then at about 11 I play a mix cd of the stuff that I have been listening to. Of course I do take requests for the following week in person at the club or advance requests via email or pm.

I have been sending out Myspace bulletins giving a little insight to what I will be playing so each week in this thread I will make a post to give people an idea of what I will be playing.

Monday July 9 2007

In honor of me attending TEXAS MADFEST. this coming weekend I will be playing select songs from the bands that I have a recording of as well as some other stuff. As of right now I only have recordings from DARK EMPIRE, MEYVN, and OUTWORLD. If the other bands would like their music played shoot me an email with a MP3 attached.

DARK EMPIRE - features Matt Moliti (Yngvai X) on guitar and Jens Carlsson (SAVAGE CIRCUS, PERSUADER) on vocals. A great mix of Power, Thrash, and Prog.

MEVYN - a fairly new band that will be a force to be reckoned with for sure. They are playing PROGPOWER EUROPE this year and have just released a great album "Splintered Skies"

OUTWORLD
- features Rusty Cooley on guitar and new vocalist Carlos Zema (VOUGAN). Played the PROGPOWER PRE-PARTY 2005 and totally blew me away.

Some other bands that I playing are:

NUCLEAR BLAST ALL STARS - an album like the ROADRUNNER UNITED, but with Peavy Wagner (RAGE) doing the music. The question is which vocalist have I chosen?

TURISAS - they define themselves as Battle Metal, which basically is comprised of a little bit of Folk with Death Metal vocals. I think they sound quite similar to any of the Viking Metal acts such as AMON AMARTH or THYRFING.

VAINGLORY - a female fronted Heavy Metal/Power Metal band with an unbelievably strong voice. They just played Swordlord's FLIGHT OF THE VALKYRIES FESTIVAL in Minneapolis.

So let me know what you guys think about what I have selected and if u happen to live in the area please let me if you need directions to the club.

Hey guys, I've been playing for a long time now and now I'm really getting into the recording part of things. So I've recorded 3 simple tracks, 2 of them are just parts of ideas and 1 of them is a semi-finished song that I want to add a couple of things too. Just looking for some constructive opinions on how I could improve the songs, what you think, etc. etc.

http://yousef.dmusic.com/

3/4 song idea has an intro in 4/4 then 3/4, and the verse is in 5/4ish
Song Idea1 is all 4/4 and sounds a lot like 3/4 song idea
Semi-Finished is sort of a metal type song

A medley I made up from the melodical themes I've come up so far. I'm planning to do make it a full concept album, perhaps Dark Tower. I probably have to buy a better computer first.

Medley