The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Dark Empire played their first 2 shows the past 2 Sundays, in Brooklyn, New York and Clifton, New Jersey.
Here's a video from the second show; the song is "Dreaming in Vengeance", off the new album "From Refuge to Ruin".

We also had the privilege of Mike Lepond observing our set. He seemed to dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, Josiah here from Artilect, a progressive band from Jacksonville, Fl. We recently had the chance to go and record at prog rock legend Neal Morse's house studio and use Mike Portnoy's kit for recording! It was a real surreal week for us, and we'd like to share it with all you out there!

Add us on Facebook and we will keep you posted on any updates! (facebook.com/Artilect)

Hey everyone, my name is Miguel Marquez and hereby I would like to introduce Sphereal, a solo project of mine. The sound is a mix between prog metal, ambient music, electronic music and orchestral stuff. I am looking for a vocalist to complete a demo. In the meantime you may listen to some song clips on myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/sphereal

Thank you for the feedback, ABQ and Marwen!

I have to fix the panning. I wanted it to be on left but I guess it went a bit too much.

hmm...love symphony x they are my favorite band by far. check out this song i made.

or this:

other songs by me are in the link in my signature

Hi, guys! It's been way, way, too long. Everyone who knew me on the forum is probably long gone, but I have a lot of great memories and made a lot of great friends posting here back in the day. (Jaxx, Zach, Yasmin, Charis, Kenneth who wrecked my social life by recommending Gene Wolfe, Harris, Lasse, Moliti and many more, how ya been?) Just thought I should drop in to say that from the summer of 2012 to the summer of 2013 I got to play in a band called Warbringer... a few of you guys might have seen them on the Iconoclast tour with SX and Iced Earth, a few months before I started playing with them. I was lucky enough to play on their fourth album, produced and engineered by Steve Evetts. He's the guy who recorded The Damnation Game, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, and some of Twilight in Olympus. He also mixed The Odyssey. Since I learned at least half of what I know about music (and about 90% of what I know about metal guitar) from the old SX albums, it was super cool to be locked in a studio with him for a month. We made a record called Empires Collapse, and you guys might dig some stuff on it! It's thrashy, but Steve let me go nuts with overdubs and all that good stuff. You can hear the whole thing here:

Hope you guys dig!

Hi, guys! It's been way, way, too long. Everyone who knew me on the forum is probably long gone, but I have a lot of great memories and made a lot of great friends posting here back in the day. (Jaxx, Zach, Yasmin, Charis, Kenneth who wrecked my social life by recommending Gene Wolfe, Harris, Lasse, Moliti and many more, how ya been?) Just thought I should drop in to say that from the summer of 2012 to the summer of 2013 I got to play in a band called Warbringer... a few of you guys might have seen them on the Iconoclast tour with SX and Iced Earth, a few months before I started playing with them. I was lucky enough to play on their fourth album, produced and engineered by Steve Evetts. He's the guy who recorded The Damnation Game, The Divine Wings of Tragedy, and some of Twilight in Olympus. He also mixed The Odyssey. Since I learned at least half of what I know about music (and about 90% of what I know about metal guitar) from the old SX albums, it was super cool to be locked in a studio with him for a month. We made a record called Empires Collapse, and you guys might dig some stuff on it! It's thrashy, but Steve let me go nuts with overdubs and all that good stuff. You can hear the whole thing here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9xsBDIssd8

Hope you guys dig!

Cool to hear from you again!

I only got to listen to half of it, but it sounded awesome! Leviathan was probably my favorite I heard.