The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

How do you know which solos were mine? :oops:
Thanks though, man. I listened back to the broadcast (I have it as a huge MP3), and it wasn't as bad as I thought.

Aaaand. The new Dragonland kicks ass. The cover art alone is reason enough to buy it, IMO.

OKAY, I've got another new song finished. I think it did quite a good job on it, too! Although, I seem like such a weiner for posting in this thread every time I make a new song. Oh well, I'll give cookies and pie and crap for retribution! :erk:

This particular song is a Visionarium one, so just check out that link.

Reactions: Anonymous
Holy fuck :headbang: It's really impressive, although I like your Iumentus stuff better.

A little teeny weeny bit of constructive criticism:
-Those goddamn drums must go, but I'm assuming you're probably gonna take care of that soon :p
-The guitar distortion is too dry, add a bit of low end and louder bass if you feel like it.

Reactions: Tubbs
MrFast said:
A little teeny weeny bit of constructive criticism:
-Those goddamn drums must go, but I'm assuming you're probably gonna take care of that soon :p
-The guitar distortion is too dry, add a bit of low end and louder bass if you feel like it.
I know teh damned drums are shitty and programmed!!11 :erk:

As for the low end, I didn't actually record with the bass, I just used my guitar on clean for that. Anyway, this won't be the final version, of course. The final version will include REAL drums, bass, and keyboards, and maybe a vocalist of some sort. I'm not exactly sure at the moment. But it will pwn!!1111eleven :erk: :kickass:

TANKS FOR TEH COMPLIMENTS THOGH!!1111five

WWW.ALKEMYST.NET
October 19th 2006 : Recording sessions

We are still recording the new album; as usual, some technical problems made the process slower than what we expected.

Arnaud is now recording the second rythm guitar layer; next week, Séverin and Arnaud will record the acoustic guitar parts, and then, Denis will perform the bass. Ramon's singing sessions are booked for the beginning of december, and the final mix will take place in february, at the Taurus Studio, in Genève, Switzerland. Just take a look : http://www.taurus-studio.com/

The new album seems to be more powerful, modern and aggressive than "Meeting in the Mist". It is more intricated, too. Our songwritting evolved to a next sophistication level. But it is still understandable, don't be afraid. Moreover, we are still ALKEMYST. So, don't expect a revolution. Just an evolution.

The album title might be "Through painful lanes", which could be a good description of the band's life since "Meeting in the mist". It will contain 8 songs + a cover from a famous song, by a famous and very influencial band you may know very well.

So, just be patient. We have almost finished the work, and hope you'll find it great.

This guy called JT Bruce has just released his second album The Dreamer's Paradox which is instrumental progressive metal, all parts composed and performed by JT. Really good stuff.

Both this, and his first album, Anomalous Material are released under a Creative Commons license, meaning they're freely downloadable from his site.

Download them here:
The Dreamer's Paradox
Anomalous Material

My band has our first official gig this Friday night.

Upcoming Show:
November 10th at the Boonton Avenue Grill in Boonton, NJ

NO COVER CHARGE (FREE SHOW)

WHEN: 10:00pm Friday, November 10th

WHERE: 108 Boonton Avenue, Boonton, NJ

Check out our myspace to take a listen. www.myspace.com/protoavismusic

also coming soon www.protoavis.net

Lemme know if anyone is comin and Ill look out for ya and try to get ya a pre-release of our cd.

~Kyle

Good luck, man! Good to know there's still some good rock around that doesn't worry about being pop rock or classic rock or prog rock or indie rock. Just fucking rock.

We got a video of our last show up. The show was pretty lame, but we played alright (despite our singer being sick). Also notice the dropped drumstick in the beginning of one of the verses. :)
http://mirror.video.blip.tv/Midgetroom-MeltdownExecutionerSpikefestPGH1146561.mov
Edit (New VB Code!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck, man! Good to know there's still some good rock around that doesn't worry about being pop rock or classic rock or prog rock or indie rock. Just fucking rock.

We got a video of our last show up. The show was pretty lame, but we played alright (despite our singer being sick). Also notice the dropped drumstick in the beginning of one of the verses. :)
http://mirror.video.blip.tv/Midgetroom-MeltdownExecutionerSpikefestPGH1146561.mov

Thanks man! I appreciate the comment!! And thats what we really are, just fuckin Rock!

As soon as I get outta work I'll definitely check out the video!

In honor of the new vBcode....

It's from last April.

Last edited by a moderator: