The Official Band/Project/Whatever (yours or anyones) Promotion Thread

Honestly, I thought it was just meh. There are a million bands that have vocalists that sound the EXACT same as yours, at least on the growls. I know you don't really care about my opinion, but if you did I'd say just tell the vocalist to stick with the melodic vocals. If you played me your song then played me a lamb of god song, I couldn't be able to tell the difference.

I know this isn't your band but since you are advertising for them, I am guessing you have some kind of relationship with them so I will give you my feedback. I listened to their song "One More". I hope these guys don't take themselves too seriously because I couldn't stop laughing. They are not bad at all but it just sounded like the cheesiest thing I have ever heard. I couldn't stop thinking about this parody power metal band I used to be in when I was in middle school where we would dress like vikings and play this kind of music for laughs. Anyway, I definetely will not be a customer of theirs any time in the near future, but for anyone who is into this kind of stuff, I'd say that they are the masters of this genre. All they need now is a british narrator.

Honestly, I thought it was just meh. There are a million bands that have vocalists that sound the EXACT same as yours, at least on the growls. I know you don't really care about my opinion, but if you did I'd say just tell the vocalist to stick with the melodic vocals. If you played me your song then played me a lamb of god song, I couldn't be able to tell the difference.

I can see where ur coming from, but we do have other songs that sound different. If you listen to "Simple Sin" or "Mantle for Malintent" I think u might have a different view on it (if ur so inclined lol). Always appreciate the citicism tho, thx

Attention Chicago area people! Sunday, May 15 2011, Matiias Eklundh will be in town for a clinic at the Plainfield School of Music. I saw Guthrie Govan there a year & a half ago, small-ish room, might want to get tix/make reservations as soon as they are taking them if you are interested in going...
Details as I get them, also a possible tour here in the US for Freak Kitchen.
2011 might just end up ok.... :Spin:

Hi guys. I'm the vocalist for Dorian Gray. We are a New England-based melodic-metal band with a myriad of influences, one large one for myself being symphX. We recorded our debut EP recently and have had the fortune to get on some great gigs with Paul Di'Anno and Death Angel and have upcoming shows with Apocalyptica and All Shall Perish. I am actively trying to get us on the Worcester MA stop on the upcoming SymphX/Nevermore/Soilwork tour.

You can check out our EP here: http://doriangray.bandcamp.com

And add us on facebook here: http://www.facebook.com/doriangrayus

I hope you guys dig our sound. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

I'll check this out. Nashua NH...very cool.....I live right next door. \m/

Was in Nashua Friday night (Joe's Restaurant/Pheasant Lane Mall).

Awesome tunes! Sent you an email. Also tried contacting you through facebook but that fucking site likes to claim I am spam.

Thanks for the kind words gang! Metal Madman hooked us up with great promotion on his show the other night, so I am eternally grateful! Thanks for the downloads and support. That stuff keeps it all moving forward. Here's to you! :kickass:

Just thought i'd throw this on here...

Jason (singer of Skelator) and myself have been playing in a Judas Priest cover band with members of Toe Tag, The Accused, My Sister's Machine and Mistrust and we had our first show last night. It was pretty fun, below is a short clip of us playing Green Manalishi. I think most of our set was recorded so hopefully there'll be more vids that i can spam the forum with soon.

For now, enjoy this gem of classic Priest!

Last edited by a moderator:
Earlier this year I wrote an EP over the course of a couple of weeks with some mates, you can stream the whole thing for free below!

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/hiddenundercovers/sets/crown-me-king-ep[/soundcloud]