The Official Borknagar Appreciation Thread

What's your favorite Borknagar Album?

• Total voters
:tickled: I rule.

Listening to The Olden Domain now, good music, really good song titles, growled vocals aren't bad, cannot stand clean vocals. "Om Hundrede Aar Er Alting Glemt" rules. I really like the epic, vikingish music and overall it's farily good. Still going to get the s/t.

The ones I have ranked:

1. Empiricism
2. Epic
3. The Archaic Course
4. The Olden Domain
5. Quintessence

Really surprised Quintessence is winning.

Why? It's their best. Best songwriting, best vocal performance. Best Borknagar album ;)

Plus, it's got The Presence is Ominous and Colossus, the two best Bork songs.

I agree those two songs rule, the album is overall only slightly above mediocre for me though. I just thought it wasn't that popular among those who listened to Borknagar. Figured one of the first two or last two would take it, but I guess there are some Vortex fans in da house. :Spin: He is a great vocalist, love "Revolt", I just really dislike the overall sound of that album, not as clear and perfect as Empiricism.

Any Borknagar album is at least a 6.5 or 7/10 I think, but their work with Vintersorg is just so incredible that anything before it doesn't appeal to me as much as it might otherwise.

I like every album equally, because they balance out vocally or musically.

The s/t wins because of the gorgeous cover.

J. said:
Why? It's their best. Best songwriting, best vocal performance. Best Borknagar album ;)

Plus, it's got The Presence is Ominous and Colossus, the two best Bork songs.

Agreed, Quintessence is THE ULTIMATE WIN, if I'd voted today I'd gone for Q instead of Empiricism. My fave Borknagar album changes from day to day between those two, with The Archaic Course grabbing the bronze position. If you don't worship songs like Oceans Rise, Universal, Ad Noctum and The Black Token, you're mad.