The Official GMD - Get to know your fellow forumers survery!

smaller.jpg

1) What is your name?
Chris Sanson

2) Where do you live?
South East England

3) Why are you on this forum? What brought you here, etc.
When I was first getting into metal I found that metal forums were a great place to get recommendations so I did a google search and found this place.

4) Top five favorite bands at the moment?
Xasthur
Witchfinder General
The Ruins Of Beverast
The Abominable Iron Sloth
Exhumed

5) Five albums that had a great impact on you?
Obituary - Cause Of Death
Idiot Pilot - Strange We Should Meet Here
Merz - Loveheart
Ulver - Blood Inside
Interpol - Antics

6) Anything else you'd like to mention about yourself?
I've got one year left at school then I'm off to uni most likely to study Business & IT in some form. I'm a pretty standard guy.

badass.jpg

1) What is your name?

Scott.

2) Where do you live?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Will be moving to Garland, Texas by June 2008 to get away from all of the coons.

I was looking for a forum to talk about metal, so I googled, and found this place.

Judas Priest
Sanctity
Iron Maiden
Testament
Exodus

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Pantera - Power Metal (This got me into other 80s glam bands)
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Judas Priest - Painkiller

I'm real into thrash, speed, traditional, and glam metal. However, I don't really like most black and death metal as most of the bands tend to bore me, and I hate metalcore and gothenshit metal, and I really hate scene kids and the terms "hxc" and "sxe", and I fucking hate when it when someone labels me as "hXc". I also hate ignorant people in genreral. I play guitar, but I'm not in a band yet, because I really don't know anyone in my neighborhood who is real into metal.

Will be moving to Garland, Texas by June 2008 to get away from all of the coons.

I also hate ignorant people in genreral.

Could you expand on the "coon" comment and then address the "ignorant people in genreral" part in a little more detail?

Could you expand on the "coon" comment and then address the "ignorant people in genreral" part in a little more detail?

I don't have a problem with black people in general. Some in my neighborhood are actully pretty nice. It's just the ones who walk around in the neighborhood looking for trouble, and start shit, and feel as if they need to be hardasses in order to be accepted by their other "gangsta" friends that I don't like.

badass.jpg

1) What is your name?

Scott.

2) Where do you live?

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Will be moving to Garland, Texas by June 2008 to get away from all of the coons.

I was looking for a forum to talk about metal, so I googled, and found this place.

Judas Priest
Sanctity
Iron Maiden
Testament
Exodus

Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Pantera - Power Metal (This got me into other 80s glam bands)
Overkill - Feel the Fire
Exodus - Bonded By Blood
Judas Priest - Painkiller

I'm real into thrash, speed, traditional, and glam metal. However, I don't really like most black and death metal as most of the bands tend to bore me, and I hate metalcore and gothenshit metal, and I really hate scene kids and the terms "hxc" and "sxe", and I fucking hate when it when someone labels me as "hXc". I also hate ignorant people in genreral. I play guitar, but I'm not in a band yet, because I really don't know anyone in my neighborhood who is real into metal.

I think i've seen you at a show before

I don't have a problem with black people in general. Some in my neighborhood are actully pretty nice. It's just the ones who walk around in the neighborhood looking for trouble, and start shit, and feel as if they need to be hardasses in order to be accepted by their other "gangsta" friends that I don't like.

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck

I think i've seen you at a show before

Were you at the Heaven & Hell/Megadeth show at the Spectrum last May?

No.

To Scott: your problems aren't going to change when you move. Anyone that uses racial slurs casually, like you apparently do, is the problem.

You obviously have no clue what kind of a neighborhood I live in , then. Oh, and I don't just go around calling everyone "my pals". Hell, I hardly ever use the word at all besides on the internet. Yeah, and before you label me as a "racist", you better get your facts straight, asshole. Apparently, you missed this part of my post.

"I don't have a problem with black people in general. Some in my neighborhood are actully pretty nice."

However, I really shouldn't be explaining myself to a n00b like you, and the only reason why I am is because people like you piss me off when you label everyone that says the word "my pals" or "coon" as a racist.

1) What is your name?
=>Rakib/Aunto.
2) Where do you live?
=>Dhaka,Bangladesh.
=>I came here from google to know more about metal.Found a lot of BM fans,as I am myself one I stayed.
=>Katatonia(early),Agalloch,Anti,Drudkh,Loss,Bloodbath.
=>Behemoth-Demigod
Metallica-Ride the lightning
Drudkh-Autumn aurora
Sex pistols-Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols
Pink floyd-The wall(not all songs),Wish you were here(not all songs)
Marilyn manson-Mechanical animals,hollywood
=>I am a lone,so am worried about forming my band.

The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck