The Official IT'S FINALLY BASEBALL SEASON AGAIN - WOO! Thread

Man, Miami is probably the worst Baseball town in America.. Yesterday I went to the Mets @ Marlins game at Dolphin stadium and there was a larger crowd of Mets fans than Marlins fans!
how can a club, with a pretty damn good team, that has won 2 world series in the last 8 years not draw more attention? I just don't get it...
Stupid dolphin fans :yuk:

See you guys later! =) I am on my way to the game again.. Against the reds tonight! :)

the braves actually have the pitching this year to possibly win it all. last year there was nothing but injuries and all-around bad pitching. we got rid of wright and ortiz, now look at them. we're allowing the fewest runs scored in the league. the only team close is florida, and the next closest has allowed like 20 more runs already. the bats will come around as usual (like yesterday), and we havn't been seeing much of reitsma, and tom martin was either released or sent back to little league with his 20.00 era. we have the best pinch hitter again in franco, he should be let start more though, like last year. baseball is taking over college football as my sport again. how great is it when you can watch every game your team/sport plays, and at least 6 games a week your team plays. all teams are much more even this year. the higher payrolls don't mean crap. america online gives the braves the worst salary room out of almost anybody, and they rebuild every year because of it. the players that go to atlanta love playing, and some just looking for a chance. people get caught up in hotshots like a-rod, bonds, and clemens. if you actually not follow these players too much, the game is so much better

and about florida's fans, that'll change once the new stadium is built. who wants to go to dolphin stadium and watch them? i wouldn't. look what it did to teams like pittsburgh and san fran. miami sports fans are lazy to begin with. the hurricanes can't even get more than 60,000 fans to show up. rant over. fuck the people who like to put baseball down. don't watch it

SoNofBitcH said:
the braves actually have the pitching this year to possibly win it all. last year there was nothing but injuries and all-around bad pitching. we got rid of wright and ortiz, now look at them. we're allowing the fewest runs scored in the league. the only team close is florida, and the next closest has allowed like 20 more runs already. the bats will come around as usual (like yesterday), and we havn't been seeing much of reitsma, and tom martin was either released or sent back to little league with his 20.00 era. we have the best pinch hitter again in franco, he should be let start more though, like last year. baseball is taking over college football as my sport again. how great is it when you can watch every game your team/sport plays, and at least 6 games a week your team plays. all teams are much more even this year. the higher payrolls don't mean crap. america online gives the braves the worst salary room out of almost anybody, and they rebuild every year because of it. the players that go to atlanta love playing, and some just looking for a chance.

I agree that we have probably returned to form this year with our pitching, and I definitely love Franco! He can play until he's 60 AFAIC. :) As for the salary, I believe the Braves actually have a fairly high total salary, if I'm not mistaken. I could be wrong, though. One man has really made the Braves the team they are, as much as I've wondered if he was crazy sometimes: John Schuerholz. He has some kind of vision, man.

I think you're right in that Atlanta does draw the kind of players who want to play, and I love that. I think the Braves have been a pretty classy team over the past decade and a half.

SoNofBitcH said:
and about florida's fans, that'll change once the new stadium is built. who wants to go to dolphin stadium and watch them? i wouldn't. look what it did to teams like pittsburgh and san fran. miami sports fans are lazy to begin with. the hurricanes can't even get more than 60,000 fans to show up.

I don't know about that... south Florida is worse than Atlanta when it comes to transplants, esp. from NY. But here's hoping you're right!

Shaye

SoNofBitcH said:
the braves actually have the pitching this year to possibly win it all. last year there was nothing but injuries and all-around bad pitching. we got rid of wright and ortiz, now look at them. we're allowing the fewest runs scored in the league. the only team close is florida, and the next closest has allowed like 20 more runs already. the bats will come around as usual (like yesterday), and we havn't been seeing much of reitsma, and tom martin was either released or sent back to little league with his 20.00 era. we have the best pinch hitter again in franco, he should be let start more though, like last year. baseball is taking over college football as my sport again. how great is it when you can watch every game your team/sport plays, and at least 6 games a week your team plays. all teams are much more even this year. the higher payrolls don't mean crap. america online gives the braves the worst salary room out of almost anybody, and they rebuild every year because of it. the players that go to atlanta love playing, and some just looking for a chance. people get caught up in hotshots like a-rod, bonds, and clemens. if you actually not follow these players too much, the game is so much better

and about florida's fans, that'll change once the new stadium is built. who wants to go to dolphin stadium and watch them? i wouldn't. look what it did to teams like pittsburgh and san fran. miami sports fans are lazy to begin with. the hurricanes can't even get more than 60,000 fans to show up. rant over. fuck the people who like to put baseball down. don't watch it

I totally agree with you about the Braves' Pitching.. It's scarry! When the bats come alive, the braves will be extremely dangerous..
That's exactly what happened to Florida! Pitching has been just perfect so far... Excepet for the one game that the mets scored 10 runs, the marlins have not allowed more than 4 runs in a game! And since the hitteres turned it on, we are kicking ass :)

About Dolphin Stadium.. What's wrong with it? The location is great, very easy access from anywhere in South Florida (There is a turnpike exit pratically inside the stadium)..It's right between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami..

I really dislike the location of the new ballpark.. It's going to be right next to the Orange Bowl (Canes stadium), right in downtown Miami... It blows, IMO.. But this is a prospective from a guy from Broward County (north of miami).. Maybe Miami people will start going to the games...

And Lady Space is right.. LOL Here in South Florida all we got are New Yorkers and Cubans... lol

TESS!!!!!

What's up with the 'Stros?... they don't seem interested in giving Roger any run support.

I think you need to get down there and give 'em a pep talk. :)

Lets go Mets!!!!!
So far So Good for them. 10 and 4 since losing their 1st 5. Their pitching scares me outside of Pedro. Glavine is Glavine, Hopefully he can win 12 to 15 games. Hopefully Benson returns and does well and maybe they can trade Cameron when he comes back to get a good relief pitcher.

booB said:
TESS!!!!!

What's up with the 'Stros?... they don't seem interested in giving Roger any run support.

I think you need to get down there and give 'em a pep talk. :)

I know. It's incredible. The guy pitches his ass off and no one freaking shows up with any hits to put us ahead. SUCKS!!

dusro2 said:
This will be the match up I wanted last year! Maddux/Clemens! Watch Mad Dog teach old man Clemens a new trick on friday! haha YES!

HAHA!! This will definitely be an AWESOME game to watch. LET'S GO 'STROS!! We gotta start winning some. Grrrrr.

I wish I could see that game. Maddux and Clemens are both two of my favorite pitchers ever... but I gotta give the edge to Clemens. Now, if only the 'Stros can back him up...