The Official UM Confessional

Elliott (make sure you spell it correctly) Smith is great. I do find a lot of his material very dark, and he has many songs that are sufficiently dark to appeal to a lot of metal fans. I am surprised that so few people on metal forums are aware of him. It's great stuff. One problem is that some albums get way too bogged down in Beatles worship, but this is never too much of a problem. I think the s/t and X/O are probably the best, but all albums have some great songs and redeeming values. I would love to see a metal band cover Christian Brothers. My band might get around to it.

Elliott Smith is about one of a handful of non-metal artists I listen to regularly. Highly recommended.

Either/Or is the best one by far. Excellent music.

Faust Again is among the best metalcore I've ever heard. :headbang:

Holy fuck! The Truth is Absolution has one skull-crushing breakdown.

So many KSE clones out there it's sickening. Really the main reason why I lost interest in metalcore.
You recommended me Faust Again awhile back and they kick some serious ass.:kickass:

Faust is also the name of a German krautrock band.

speaking of KSE, I saw their video for the cover they did of Dio's Holy Diver at a Go-Go club last night. what a goofy video.

That's one of the albums that bridged my way to more extreme styles so I'll give it props for that. I can't see myself listening to it nowadays, though.

I still have the first three Rammstein albums sitting around somewhere. Decent stuff, but if I remember correctly, it eventually started to bug me that the chorus to almost every song was just the title said repeatedly.