The one band that you would go for...

After this year, I'm definitely with the crowd that doesn't even care who's playing. *You* make the festival make my world.

But... since I missed them last year and they apparently slayed... Therion.

Or any band/group that brings Arjen Lucassen over.

To be honest, I'd go alone JUST to see Vision Divine again. Maybe this next time given a sub-headliner slot, they were THAT damn good.

but if i had a choice of an "ultimate" band that would set my decision in stone, I'd say Fates Warning or Eternity X

mtndewqueen88 said:
After this year, I'm definitely with the crowd that doesn't even care who's playing. *You* make the festival make my world.

But... since I missed them last year and they apparently slayed... Therion.

Or any band/group that brings Arjen Lucassen over.

Before last year Therion was definitely my "ONE"
They were so awesome too....

YtseJammer said:
Eternity X, Helloween with Kiske, or Angra with Matos (no pressure there Glenn)

Realistically, given one choice: Vanden Plas as a headliner

Amen, if Helloween played with Kiske, I'd go even if I had to walk through a minefield from here to Atlanta.

Add me to the "it ALMOST doesn't matter..." crowd.
The first couple were all about seeing every band in the lineup. Became friends with so many people as this dysfunctional family evolved, that it would take one hell of a shitty line up to make me NOT go. Had Freak Kitchen been the only band I cared to see this year, the entire weekend would have been worth it. It's now 80% about seeing the people, and 20% the band roster....

J-Dubya
Same here, baby!

I'll always be there but...TAR0T, I'm all over that.

Circus Maximus.

Oh, no, wait…that was the “one band” that got my butt to Atlanta THIS year.

When I bought tickets and made my travel arrangements, the only CD I owned from any participants from the main festival was Evergrey's "Recreation Day."

Needless to say, my CD collection is now richer and my bank account poorer...and you can count me in with the “I’ll be there next year regardless of the line-up” group.

There are a few ONE bands:

Iced Earth
Elvenking
Iron Savior
Arcturus
Bal-Sagoth

And on and on.

But I'd be there no matter what. After two total PPs, I'm hooked.

JORN. The only band i came to see this year (my 1st time) and probably my last unless JORN comes back. Although EPICA made me a fan.

Is this another Wishlist thread?
One band.

Definitely Tarot.

With Tarot playing the PP, we'd come from Germany again, regardless who else was on the billing.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I'm with the "I'd be there regardless" crowd, but if the question is "Who would you pay $100+ to see next year?".....

Therion again (I never dreamed I'd be able to see them even once...Glenn pounced all over THAT one! :D )
Orphaned Land again
Superior with a longer set
Ayreon....or any Arjen appearance with at least 45 min. of Ayreon
Devin Townsend [Band] with a longer set, to include "Triumph" and, if possible, Gene Hoglan
Graveworm, full set (no, probably not at PP, though :heh: )
maybe Arcturus or Bal-Sagoth

I will be there every year unless the lineup is made up of POS and ZH or bands that sound like them. LOL For me it is about hanging out with 10-12 people having a great time. I come away every year liking more of the bands than I did before the festival.

Some of you must have alot more money than I've got! If Glenn doesn't get the bands, then I can't pay to play, sorry. It's all about the bands for me. I am open minded enough to explore bands that are in the lineup that I'm not familiar with though.

With that said, the one band that would take me to Atlanta no matter who else plays is obvious.....SAVATAGE!