the one

fat bastard

Nov 19, 2004
If you had one chance to make someone an extreme metal fan with one cd which one would you choose for them to cd.Most people don't appreciate that there is some killer shit being done musically in all the genres that other styles just can't compare with (like atmosphere,epic songs,song structures)

One full album, not a mix tape/CD-R? Something with a lot of clean vocals, I've found it's the screams and growls that turn most people off from extreme metal. Maybe an Opeth album would work. Oh I thought of a good one, Solefald - In Harmonia Universali.

Either that or Cannibal Corpse, and tell them if they don't like it you're going to eat their children. :)

Actually the self titled Hypocrisy is a good mix of the fast growly songs and the slow clean vox songs. I would definitely have someone listen to a clean vox Hypocrisy song then hit them with one of the fast growlies.

a guy... said:
Actually the self titled Hypocrisy is a good mix of the fast growly songs and the slow clean vox songs. I would definitely have someone listen to a clean vox Hypocrisy song then hit them with one of the fast growlies.

a guy is dead on here. the self-titled hypocrisy is the best metal album ever to be made on this earth IMO. It has the combination of all styles-clean, depressive, fast as fuck and even some pink floyd-ish stuff going on.

Its the album of all albums as far as im concerned