The Opeth Collector's Thread

Nice. I also have the japanese RT version.

Also a nice Watershed CD.But in my opinion a sticker with PROMO on it doesn´t make a real promo. That´s all normal versions with a sticker. Promo CDs are in a cardsleeve and only that ones are real promo cds for me.

Thats my opinion. Not for all only miy. =)

But back to topic. Today that was in my mailbox. :D

dsc01005vz02.jpg

dsc01006uya7.jpg

Also with a promosticker but see my opinion on the top. hehe

Oh nice, where did you get that? I really want the promo one :)

Also, anyone know where I can get the Opeth Bootleg Live LP that was on ebay some month ago? I really want it.

Oh nice, where did you get that? I really want the promo one :)

Also, anyone know where I can get the Opeth Bootleg Live LP that was on ebay some month ago? I really want it.

I have got it from a japanese dealer on ebay for 12 €. But I think a sticker dosen´t make a real promo. ;)

No I don´t know but when you can get one don´t pay too much for this. Please. ;) It´s only a bootleg.

I just wanted to share with you that I had one of the greatest days in my life when Opeth played in Stavanger in Norway sunday the 15th of March. They had a fantastic concert and played 5 songs I never have heard live before, even though this was the 6th time I have seen them. These songs were: "The Lotus Eater", "Hessian Peel", "Ghost of Perdition", "The Night and the Silent Water" and "Credence". I got the opportunity to meet the band after the concert and this was the 6th time I have met them! Mikael Åkerfeldt told me that he recognized me from stage, what an honour! :kickass:

I got several items signed by them: 5 promo CDs, the "Porcelain Heart" notesheet and the test pressings from "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms Your Hearse" which there exist only 5 copies of in the world. One of the greatest moments was when Mikael Åkerfeldt should sign the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD and told me that he didn't have a copy of this himself! I told him that he could have mine, since if anyone should own a copy it should be him who made the music! Mikael refused to take it since he thought it was great that collectors collected rare releases of Opeth. He also said that he is somewhat of a collector himself, like you all probably know. Mikael and the rest of Opeth were also impressed by the test pressings which was really cool. I also got some pictures with the band. What a great night! :headbang:

The week after the concert I bought the "Morningrise" white vinyl test pressing from the Picture Disc, which there also exist only 5 copies of in the world. This is the most beautiful vinyl I have ever seen, its really a piece of art. :worship: Well, I just thought I would share my experience with you all. :)

I just wanted to share with you that I had one of the greatest days in my life when Opeth played in Stavanger in Norway sunday the 15th of March. They had a fantastic concert and played 5 songs I never have heard live before, even though this was the 6th time I have seen them. These songs were: "The Lotus Eater", "Hessian Peel", "Ghost of Perdition", "The Night and the Silent Water" and "Credence". I got the opportunity to meet the band after the concert and this was the 6th time I have met them! Mikael Åkerfeldt told me that he recognized me from stage, what an honour! :kickass:

I got several items signed by them: 5 promo CDs, the "Porcelain Heart" notesheet and the test pressings from "Orchid", "Morningrise" and "My Arms Your Hearse" which there exist only 5 copies of in the world. One of the greatest moments was when Mikael Åkerfeldt should sign the "Ghost of Perdition" promo CD and told me that he didn't have a copy of this himself! I told him that he could have mine, since if anyone should own a copy it should be him who made the music! Mikael refused to take it since he thought it was great that collectors collected rare releases of Opeth. He also said that he is somewhat of a collector himself, like you all probably know. Mikael and the rest of Opeth were also impressed by the test pressings which was really cool. I also got some pictures with the band. What a great night! :headbang:

The week after the concert I bought the "Morningrise" white vinyl test pressing from the Picture Disc, which there also exist only 5 copies of in the world. This is the most beautiful vinyl I have ever seen, its really a piece of art. :worship: Well, I just thought I would share my experience with you all. :)

Nice post! I really enjoyed to read it.
Yep, I always know, that the 'Ghost of Perdition' promo is very rare, but the man himself hasn't got a copy... Wow...
As I see the swedish promo of Watershed was also sold on a high price at tradera... That is also ultra rare!
And here is a 'The Drapery Falls' promo single:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OPETH-The-Drape...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The price is INSANE...

Nice post! I really enjoyed to read it.
Yep, I always know, that the 'Ghost of Perdition' promo is very rare, but the man himself hasn't got a copy... Wow...
As I see the swedish promo of Watershed was also sold on a high price at tradera... That is also ultra rare!
And here is a 'The Drapery Falls' promo single:

http://cgi.ebay.com/OPETH-The-Drape...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

The price is INSANE...

Thank you Gogsi! Yes, it really was an unbelievable moment. :loco:
I lost the "Watershed" promo straight before my nose, but I hope I will get the chance to buy it later. :erk: It wasn't so expensive, it was sold for 311,- Swedish kroner which is quite an OK price in my opinion.

I agree that the price on "The Drapery Falls" promo CD is very high and it probably will be higher, but it is very rare. I am very happy that I have my own copy of it, it really is one of the finest gems in my collection. :headbang:

Those of you who haven't got the Die-hard edition of the Wooden box with white vinyl should go to Viva Hate Records homepage at: http://www.vivahaterecords.com/shop/

There are very few copies left and they will sell out really fast! I have ordered my copy. :kickass:

haha

Today I´ve got this Watershed Promo für 6 €. =P

79679380_1.jpg

Congratulation! It looks fantastic! :kickass: Please tell me if you know someone who are selling it or you are selling it later, even I know this is not likely. :) It is one of the few promo CDs I still haven't got.

In fact, here is a list over the Opeth-releases I am still looking for. If anyone in this forum knows someone selling any of the releases or if they are selling themselves please send me a PM:

- Opeth "Apostle in Triumph"-demo
- Opeth "Orchid" Promo CD
- Opeth "Morningrise" Promo CD
- Opeth "My Arms Your Hearse" Promo CD
- Opeth "Blackwater Park" Promo CD
- Opeth "Still Day Beneath the Sun" Test Pressing
- Opeth "Still Day Beneath the Sun" Grey vinyl
- Opeth "The Grand Conjuration" Promo CD
- Opeth "Soldier of Fortune" Promo CD
- Opeth “Watershed” Promo CD
- Opeth "Porcelain Heart" Promo CD with full length versions of songs

I know that some of them might not exist, but still I feature them here if someone have heard of them. :)

could you please explain where you got this godly find :worship:notworthy