The photography thread

It would be great a plugin for video editors to convert videos to hdr effect, does it exist?

It would imply you can take 3 or more 100% identical videos which is not easy to do without the right equipment I guess :) So you cannot shoot moving objects without having to deal with difficulties.

To my knowledge, it doesn't exist, and there are only a few post production houses who achieved such a result, but it involved using several cameras, and there were a lot of pos prod work to make it possible !

How many pics do you use for HDR guys? I usually -2, 0, +2.
Any tip to get better results?

This what I do too. It's the only options I have for automatic bracketing...well...I mean, only 3 shots. I WISH I could set it up for at least 5 shots, but I can only do that manually...and don't usually want to bother with it. Especially since most of my HDR's are handheld (too lazy to carry a tripod around with me most times!).

It would imply you can take 3 or more 100% identical videos which is not easy to do without the right equipment I guess :) So you cannot shoot moving objects without having to deal with difficulties

Well, you can do HDR with just one picture creating 3 files with diferent fake exposure arrangement in photoshop. And there are several plugins that do some kind of HDRSim. So Probably you can redner the frames of a video with such plugins.

poor sony digicam and some paint.NET processing:

216371_158085457584140_100001480614194_349034_1153970_n.jpg

218015_158085704250782_100001480614194_349035_4585203_n.jpg

216363_159601664099186_100001480614194_358369_315873_n.jpg

I've been wandering around my neighbourhood trying to find abandoned places and other interesting locations. I don't know anything about photography, but here's some pics:

01.jpg

03.jpg

11.jpg

3.jpg

12.jpg

...and here's some shots from the Roger Waters gig for all you tech nerds:

10.jpg

11.jpg

Here's some photos I've snapped so far this year:

pretending2.jpg

sweden_by_otero_design-d3f8jt8.jpg

Ante%20Meridiem.jpg

crepuscule_by_otero_design-d375glm.jpg

(Funny story behind this one. Didn't sleep for 24 hours and later I was out partying, didn't sleep that night either (was awake for 50+ hours or so).
And as I was getting a ride home it was such a beautiful morning, that when I got home I forced my friend into going out and take som photos (he was having such a hangover).
So there we were in the middle of the woods, he standing behind me and throwing up as was running around all hyper, taking photos. Fun times. :))
tl;dr - lack of sleep + alcohol makes you crazy.

Thanks man!
I don't, maybe I should get one,
Been lacking interest in photgraphy recently so I don't have that many photos, trying to get back on it though. :)

Do it!! (getting flickr & getting back into photography) Sometimes you just have to force yourself to keep shooting, and eventually it will rekindle that spark. I sometimes do like Gavin Hoey's 15 minute challenge, I'll go out to one place, and limit myself to 1 lens and a short amount of time, and see what pictures I can take. Anything just to keep shooting so you don't get out of the habit.

GubkbKuk: Last one is phenomenal!

arv: whats a 365 project? Haven't heard of it before... Is something like clicking a great shot every day of the year?