The photography thread

Lmao!

Believe it or not, she's my makeup girl :)

Still want to fly down to Vegas & have you introduce me to some of your industry friends. I really want to do an "Andrew Blake" type film one of these days.

Melbourne.JPG

Spent a week and a half hanging at a really nice old church turned recording studio whilst a band I mix live did their new record with the award winning owner. Here's some facebook quality images from the sessions
1240087_715188651827792_1463719568_n.jpg

1239866_715188195161171_987690400_n.jpg

The owner was redoing his new website and asked me to take some photos for him so I jumped at the chance to shoot the space and gear. Here is a couple of those pics.

IMG%202.jpg

IMG%203.jpg

IMG%204.jpg

Here is a link to the website if you want to check the place out. You will find a mixture of my shots and a real estate agencies photos throughout.

http://www.applewoodlane.com.au/gallery/

Soundlurker, what camera you use for those shots? Absolutely immense!

Thanks! It's actually an old Sony NEX5 I got for less than 200eu. I'm using it with a manual-focus Nikon 105mm/2.5 most of the time and occasionally with a manual 50mm. Both lenses need a mount adapter to work with the Sony. I'm thinking of buying a new type of adapter that brings the crop factor down and gets you closer to full-frame.
Anyway, I should mention that most photographers don't like shooting with a mirrorless camera, especially with manual lenses, but I guess it works for me.
Also, processing is just as important as it is with audio, don't get fooled that it's down to the camera.

942611_606286469384073_810458067_n.png

Anyway, I should mention that most photographers don't like shooting with a mirrorless camera, especially with manual lenses, but I guess it works for me.

I wish I could shoot stills with my GH2... honestly, it's great for video, but not so great for stills. Mirrorless is great. Smaller Camera, much more lens options.
I might pick up a used Nex-5 if i see one for cheap.. thanks for sharing! Does it have 'punch in' for manual focusing?
The sony E mount is excellent & pretty much universally compatible with everything. I've got some old Minolta Rokkor & Konica lenses that are great for video & would imagine are wonderful for stills.