The playlist thing...again.

Cerebus said:
If you'll end up doing it, I could translate a long interview done by a swedish magazine called Metal Wire a while ago.. Dan has got some interesting things to say there.

thanks, that would be very nice! :) Send me a pm when you have it, so I can give you an e-mail-adress to send it to.

Lumen: thank you for your offer, but I think one person is enough to do this. I did interview Dan already once, and I have tons of material on my comp and in my clippings-collection =)

I'll try to get it done this month..!

Another idea for the booklet: Why not have Dan comment on the songs that are finally chosen? Why he likes them, why they're on the cd.. maybe something how they were written etc etc. It was very interesting reading that When All Is Said originally was a Unicorn track in that interviwe of yours, so fans will probably appreciate reading some odd stories about the songs.

Cerebus said:
I'll try to get it done this month..!

Another idea for the booklet: Why not have Dan comment on the songs that are finally chosen? Why he likes them, why they're on the cd.. maybe something how they were written etc etc. It was very interesting reading that When All Is Said originally was a Unicorn track in that interviwe of yours, so fans will probably appreciate reading some odd stories about the songs.

A good idea :) I believe that people asked this already in general, for all kinds of Dan´s bands, and it was like this one the old NG_homepage. Also the Evolution-booklet has stories connected to the songs.
Now is just the question if that should be done for the booklet, or for the ultimate-Swano-homepage?

Also we need to know if there will be space in the booklet for it. Maybe Xack can answer to this, and also Dan must inform how many pages Black Mark plans?

I have two suggestions from your idea:

a) Dan comments on every song in his own words
b) Dan comments on every song and I include these comments and background info into the bio (which will then have also a more detailed discographic character).

...on the artworks....
why not start a "competition" like was done with the Nightingale Cover Chronicles back in the days?

it's maybe not THE idea, but it's A idea :)

I suggest to put as less as possible songs on this CD 1 that appeared on Evolution. All in all my playlist is almost similar to Dan`s in the first thread.. I just would replace "Losing myself" with "The Last song"

cenzu said:
...on the artworks....
why not start a "competition" like was done with the Nightingale Cover Chronicles back in the days?

it's maybe not THE idea, but it's A idea :)

I think it`s a very good one! Maybe it`s even possible to put different pics/paintings into the cover. A "from EOS-fans for EOS-fans"-thing?!

It would be great if both Crimsons would fit on 1 cd. For the first cd, this is my revised list:

Tales... (6.03)
Human Aberration (3.35)
The Dead (3.50)

Enigma (with The Unorthodox mixed together) (7.43)
In The Veins/Darker Than Black (4:38)
After Afterlife (4.37)
When All is Said (6.53)

Darkday (4.27)
Livin’ Hell (4.19)
Lost (4.34)
The Masque (6.38)

Untill Eternity Ends (4.02)

Twilight (7.51)
Blood-Colored (4.00)
Silent (5.05)

It's around 75 minutes.

Dan Swan&#246 said:
OK.. I get a vibe here.
And I will put Crimson 1 and 2 on CD 2 and hopefully the CD plant can fix 83 min. on one CD.
Now I need like 75 minutes of music.
So...revisit your lists and post "The best of" your lists :lol:

Maybe one of you guys are interested in fixing the Biography??
The easiest way would be to make a search of the net for existing biographies and I am happy to fill in all the blanks during a few tapes phone calls...OK.
If anyone is interested in doing the artwork and stuff (Not much money to get out of this project. I do it for free) get in touch.
This project needs time, devotion and love. But I will focus on the music and I need someone else to help me with the rest of the stuff
....anyone??

Dan

Is this going to be re-recorded similar to Nightfall Overture - or a compilation album like Evolution??

Dan, do you think it would be possible to make this even a 3 CD set instead of just 2. For the 3rd disc put as MANY as possible of the swano.com EoS Demos that used to be up. I know there are tons of fans that would love to hear them since they didn't have a chance to get a hold of them. They are great and it's fun to listen to some of the guide vocals as well as variations in the songs.

I don't think any fans would disagree with this idea, but of course it's up to you and Black Mark!

Tumn said:
Dan, do you think it would be possible to make this even a 3 CD set instead of just 2. For the 3rd disc put as MANY as possible of the swano.com EoS Demos that used to be up. I know there are tons of fans that would love to hear them since they didn't have a chance to get a hold of them. They are great and it's fun to listen to some of the guide vocals as well as variations in the songs.

I don't think any fans would disagree with this idea, but of course it's up to you and Black Mark!

Great idea! I dunno could be pushing it though...

Possibly make it a limited edition with the 3rd disc and have the regular edition with the 2 disc set. But the thing is, if this is Dan's final chapter with Edge of Sanity, it should be as great as it can be, the demos would put it over the top!

I don't think they're poor quality, I hate whiners! Plus since they are demos, they are never finished or have the production time put into them as albums do so you will almost never get a perfect studio quality sounding demo. Appreciate them for what they are, not for how good the quality is!

Ok, let's see here!

from Unorthodox
- Cold Sun
- Enigma

from The Spectral Sorrows
- Darkday
- The Masque
- Sacrificed

from Until Eternity Ends
- Until eternity ends
- Invisible sun (yep, a cover, but a damned good one)

from Purgatory Afterglow
- Twilight
- Black Tears
- Velvet Dreams

from Infernal
- Hell is where the heart is
- Damned by the Damned

from Cryptic
- Bleed you dry

That's a bit under 70 minutes, leaving room for some extra thingie, like the EoS version of Uncreation.

15:36
hell is where the heart is
losing myself
eternal eclipse
twilight
blood-colored
the sinner and the sadness
a senerade for the dead
darkday
angel of distress
velvet dream
of darksome origin
the dead
enigma
cold sun
the ascention (haha)
the last song (this definitely has to be the last song!!!!prettyplease)

and of course i'll try to do a cover for the cd myself.

It would be great if someone could made a collage of the old covers.
The best, if someone would draw a pic that concludes all the old motives..
Or at least that some old layout stuff appears on the new one.
Like one Arena album has a wheel drowned in water in one booklet which was from another cover of an older CD.
Or Katatonia with "Brave yester days"