the production on the new album SUCKS

• Thread starter metallica sucks cock
  • Start date
M

metallica sucks cock

OK guys. im a new nevermore fan, i just bought DHIADW today.

how could the same dude who recorded politics and dreaming(both of which are splendidly produced) done this?????
the drums(especially the kick drum) sound muffled and powerless. the guitars sound muddy, the bass is inaudible
and warrels voice does not jump out the mix as it has on previous albums. this would have been a much better listening experience if he had given the same attention on this recording as he had on the previous ones. the mixing is awful, helen keller could have done a better job.

did century media(who would be bigtime now if they had bothered to promote nevermore worth a fuck) give them a shitty budget? did neil kernon just not give a fuck? did warrell spend the recording budget on alcohol????? this really pisses me off. they need to remix, remaster and rerelease this.

Hey Jackass........ Read yer' cd credits. Neal Kernon didn't produce Dead Heart!

No, the new album was not produced by Neil Kernon, it was produced by Andy Sneap, who also produced on albums by Testament, Earth Crisis, and Stuck Mojo. And Century Media promoted the fuck out of this album. And by the way, Century Media promoted the HELL out of this album. THat's why it took longer than needed to come out(as far as I know). But they did promote the fuck out of this because the ads for this album were evrywhere. INternet sites, metal magazines, "metal"/crappy music magazines, all over the place.

Think before you say something there pal.

Also, anyone here heard of Armageddon? Their album Crossing The Rubicon kicks ass(they have a newer one though). Check them out if you get a chance, specifically this album and the song Godforsaken.

Hey kick my head, I thought WD'S projection he keep saying onthe board was was to make a major heavy album. It s just got heaps of bottom end for the 13yr old's out there, it was a cd for the best of; to please as many fans as possible...sure I hate the first song and I skip it, but I like the ballads, I like the stylus scratching the shit of the record, leading intot the moody song DHDW, with tuxedo vegas cronning, I think if you are in the right mood hehehe say no more, and put on the headphones and had a listen to how it was *made*, you will see the overdubs are amazing.
Sure some of your points are valid...I agree...TIME TO TAKE YOUR HEAD INTO VANS thunder machine.
have a listen to SOME OF THE WORST dodgy production by early carcass and napalm death, same message, same unique playing..but as time goes, prodution goes up. WD i quess likes to play around, I think he knows the game...PEOPLE FUCK UP BECAUSE THEY ARE BORED.

I think DHIADW has a great production. Its very full with great natural drum sounds. What would rather have? I dont really like the production on dreaming that much. its a little muddy and i think the bass tone kinda sucks. andy sneap is a great producer. he did the kreator too which sounds very kick ass. doesn't get much better.
what do you think would of made it better. And everyone is right about CM pushing nevermore. that album got pushed big time. 3 or 4 US tours, european tours. come on. adds everywhere.

i have that armageddon record. it is kick ass stuff. it is chris amott from Arch enemy's band. the new one has clear vocals, but similar music. can't remember what it is called, but it is very good as well.

I dunno, I think the production is good, but not great. I don't think it is worse than previous albums, they had their problems as well, but I agree the guitar sounds somewhat muddy. PoE and DNB had problems with the bass being too high in the mix and overpowering the other parts of the music (at least to my ears). Even though the production could improve, I would say Nevermore overcome their less-than-awesome production by writing incredible music and delivering it flawlessly. I've heard a lot of people give flak to DHIADW, but I love it. Especially the title track and River Dragon; those songs are worth the price of the cd alone. As far as production, I'd say Overkill have had the best consistency of any band I've heard (meaning that each album has consitently improved upon the last, production-wise). Their newest, "Bloodletting", sounds awesome.

Another thing to note, production quality is very subjective (as is musical taste), so what may sound great to you sounds like crap to others, and vice-versa. If you wanna hear bad production, go back and listen to some metal cds from the early-to-mid eighties, man have we come a long way.

Come on the intro's are unbelieable....

YEAH OVERKILL ARE still thrash.

actaully they are improving...

DHDW is not my fav by the guys, but the production ROKS. DNB, a great cd, but that is BAD production, the bass FARTS too much, plus it has this static at times, none the less, Nevermore has NOT put out a bad one.

Yawn.

I guess the thread starter is just another shit starter because I can't believe that even a freak like him could be unable to compare the production/mixing credits of several Neveromre albums...

PS: As stated earlier me too thinks that Sneap's productions sound a bit too sterile at times.

Dead Heart is a great album but I think Sneap's production took a lot of the HEART out of Nevermore. All the other albums had this incredible atmosphere... Dead Heart sounds like any old metal band really if you take away Warrel's vocals and lyrics (which still aren't wuitr up to par). Sad but true.
Don't think I don't love this album though. I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

I think Dead Heart...is a great album. It may not be as heavy as Politics or Dreaming, but Nevermore has had slower songs since there first self titled album (i.e. Sanity Assasin, The Hurting Words.) I don't understand why people put down this album. Andy Sneap has also produced Testament and Pissing Razors and does fine production work.

NP-Testament-The Gathering "Legions Of the Dead"

CHEERS

ZANEX "I AM THE DOG":heh:

Hell, I'm surprised that you think the production on DHIADW is bad; Sure, it's way different to DNB or 'Politics-' which really rock, but the guitar sound is still awesome, never more so than on ' The sound of Silence'.I'm glad they went for this change in sound, it went with the whole mood of the album.

Okay here's the deal.

I can't stand the production of DHIADW at all, but the dude that posted this thread is a DIPSHIT!! :D

First of all, the guitars have been done like a korn record: Simply boost the gain to all hell, and then compress the fuck out of it, then boost the gain again. simple. That is bullshit, there is no dynamics on this album as there is on other nevermore releases. This technique is great for a kick, but not for a guitar.

'nuff said about production... back to the thread sender being a fool:

Century media actually promoted this album to the fuckery... they promoted it everywhere, and also, it wasn't NK that did the recording and mixing....!!!

A good -guitar- sound is: ...And justice for all.

Marshall quads with a mesa-boogie head. awesome. LOTS of dynamic changes.

DHIADW guitar saound has no room to breathe.

Güd guitar is Señor Dickinson's group, or perhaps Balance of Power, if you please. Try Seven Days into Nevermore from them if you can find it, very good.