The Purchases Thread

I got Gold Gen Admin for Melbourne, and section 3 Row KK Seat 50 for Syd. I'm assuming that's pretty good. Not right in front, but the first section after the gold finishes.

This album is better than I was expecting after The Glorious Burden (which I like) and the re-recording of the original Something Wicked songs (which I am not so keen on). I have only had two listens so far, but it seems like the most original thing the band has done in a long time, not all by numbers stuff like a lot of their material. I can't help but wonder how it would have sounded with Matt, as I am a much bigger fan of his vocals than Rippers, but Ripper does do a good job. For anyone with some interest left in the band, check it out.

I give it a solid meh. I think I'm just not that big of a fan of Ripper. I can't wait to see what Matt does with Pyramaze, although there's a chance he won't really fit their sound either.

I give it a solid meh. I think I'm just not that big of a fan of Ripper. I can't wait to see what Matt does with Pyramaze, although there's a chance he won't really fit their sound either.
Meh to Framing Armageddon? I can understand not digging Ripper compared to Matt, and I am very keen on checking him out with Pyramaze as well, but I think Framing Armageddon is a big step forward from what Jon did with The Glorious Burden. More mature sounding.

I can't understand not digging it, dig it damn you!

Last week in Launceston I picked up a local band's album Halfmast - 6 years...12,000 beers good band, sound like an early Frenzal Rhomb not bad at all

this week against my wallets permission i got

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Vol 2: No worl for tomorrow (hows that for a fucking title?? )
Down - III Over the Under
Serj Tankian - Elect the Dead

Was gonna get the new IE too, but like I say I probs shouldn't of gotten them, but fuck em I needed a few new cd's :lol:

Faith and the Muse - Evidence Of Heaven
Bruce Springsteen - Magic
David Gahan - Hourglass
Bob Dylan - The Essential Bob Dylan
Miles Davis - On The Corner
Midnight Oil - 20,000 Watt RSL
Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
Radiohead - In Rainbows
The Church - Starfish
Frank Zappa - Zoot Allures
INXS - Greatest Hits

Faith and the Muse - Evidence Of Heaven
Great band, every album is a winner in my books. We used The Burning Season at our wedding reception, was one of the albums played while we were eating and drinking:)

I got Judas Priest Electric Eye DVD last week, my god its brilliant, all their clips plus the PRiest, LIve... PLUS old grey whistle & top of the pops clips:headbang: hands down the best DVD I own!