Conjure One - Conjure One
Collide - Some Kind Of Strange
Gene Loves Jezebel - Discover
Long-view - Mercury
Mesh - The Point at which it falls apart
Pixies - Doolittle
The Chameleons - Strange Times
Ulrich Schnauss - Goodbye

I've bought a bunch of DVDs over the last two weeks or so, thanks in part to the nice sales at Big W and especially Target (also bought some at JB):

The Bourne Ultimatum
Vertigo
The Hitchcock Collection Volume 1 & 2 (most of his English stuff, including early silents)
The Birds
The Sound of Music
The King & I
Becket
Around the World in 80 Days
Midnight Cowboy
It Happened One Night
Life on Mars Series 1
Titanic
Ratatouille

And probably some others that I've forgotten. Oh, and I bought a queen-size bed and a 32" widescreen TV - no interest or repayments for 25 months. I love free stuff!

I can never be sure of whether that no interest no repayment stuff is actually worth it or not. I mean, it is foolish to not pay it off before that period ends, but eek, too much money management stuff,

Maiden cd's were only 10 bucks at JB so I went and got

Iron Maiden
Killers
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Fear of the Dark
Brave New World

I finally have all their studio albums now.

Just make sure you don't forget to pay it off before the interest free period is over, Spiffo, or you'll pay shitloads of interest. Nice haul.

All I've got recently is Nightwish - Dark Passion Play.

Found a JB while in Ballarat on Wednesday and purchased the following:

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration CD/DVD
Dreadnaught - Dirty Music 2CD
Vanishing Point - The Fourth Season CD/DVD
Rainbow - Rising (remaster)

Then I was given the special edition of the new Soilwork "Sworn To A Great Divide" for my birthday from Senor Stonewall.

Yesterday I purchased from ebay:

Dreadnaught - Down To Zero
Anthrax - State Of Euphoria

Good to see you getting into a spot of Dreadnaught. Dirty Music is much better than Down to Zero, IMO.

Found a JB while in Ballarat on Wednesday and purchased the following:

Depeche Mode - Black Celebration CD/DVD
Dreadnaught - Dirty Music 2CD
Vanishing Point - The Fourth Season CD/DVD
Rainbow - Rising (remaster)

Then I was given the special edition of the new Soilwork "Sworn To A Great Divide" for my birthday from Senor Stonewall.

Yesterday I purchased from ebay:

Dreadnaught - Down To Zero
Anthrax - State Of Euphoria

What era of Depeche Mode do your like? I think they are started to become the great band that they are with Black Celebration although it was inconsistent. I prefer Music For The Masses to present era with my favourites being Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion.

Winmar said:
Good to see you getting into a spot of Dreadnaught. Dirty Music is much better than Down to Zero, IMO.
Down To Zero has been on my list since it was new, and I have never gotten around to picking it up. I had a couple of tracks from it on compilation cds that I always really liked, and liked everything else I had heard from it, but then I kinda forgot about them. I saw them support Testament about 12 months ago I think it was, and it reminded me of them, and have had them in the back of my head ever since. I bought Dirty Music on a bit of a whim (as I heard it was good and liked the material live), and I have been loving it for the last few days. Awesome shit. I will let you know what I think of DTZ when it arrives!

mattt said:
What era of Depeche Mode do your like? I think they are started to become the great band that they are with Black Celebration although it was inconsistent. I prefer Music For The Masses to present era with my favourites being Music for the Masses, Violator and Songs of Faith and Devotion.
I only first heard DM 6 months ago, as they were quite popular amongst the backpackers hostels while I was travelling around Europe. I downloaded the best of when I got home and loved it, so decided to start collecting the special editions of the albums. I only have Some Great Reward, Black Celebration, Music for the Masses, and Violator thus far, but from what I have gathered from the other stuff I have heard on the best of, I would tend to agree with you.

OK these aren't specifically purchases as such as I got them for free, but in the last few days I have acquired:

Gamma Ray: Land of the Free II
Electric Wizard: Witchcult Today
Noctis: For Future's Past
Avantasia: The Scarecrow
Whatever the new Ayreon is called
A Blaze in the Southern Skies - Aussie metal compilation
Bullet for My Valentine - Scream Aim Fire

So far I've listened to the Gamma Ray one. It's a bit disappointing compared to their last five or six.

I think Down to Zero was in the transition stage between their old sound and what they do now but it still has a couple of fucking rippers on there like "Dead in the Dirt" and "The Game"

Yeah I agree with that. There are four or five awesome songs on it, but the rest I tend to just skip over.

Yesterday I picked up one of these beasts.

OrangeThunderVerb200withcabinetsm.jpg

Fuck. Yes.