The Purchases Thread

Also I think it is their best work, about time they gave up trying to be anything more than a good hard rock band, as for Dante XXI, it still floats my boat everytime I put it on, hands down my fav Seps album no matter the era

Bought some stuff:

Glenn Hughes - First Underground Nuclear Kitchen
Cheap Trick - At Budokan
Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die

Also got The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the original, natch) for cheap.

I'm so annoyed that it took me until last month to get into Cheap Trick. They're now in my top 5 bands. Awesome.

Chermside. I was in the one in the city on Thursday and they didn't have any copies, so they either arrived today or the city JB just isn't stocking them yet.

more damage to pay from work today.

Testament - Formation of Damnation
fuck me raw if this isn't one of the best thrash albums of all time! :headbang:

Aliens definitive edition

Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass DS game

so, that's almost all of my mearge pay from a day and a half's work gone.

oh, well.

more pay to waist next thursday. :kickass: :headbang:

Robot Chicken Series 1 & 2.
Saxon - DVD To Hell & Back.
Steve Perry- CD - Greatest Hits ... Should be hit I have only heard one of songs " Oh Cherie"
Dr Who- DVD -Planet of evil
DR WHO- DVD The Key to Time 7 DVD Set
ZZ TOP- DVD- Live in Texas
The Bill - The Collection Vol 4
DVD- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
DVD- Transporter 1 & 2.
DVD - X Men Movie 1
CD - The Travelling Wilburys Vol 1 & 3

Haven't watched/listened to the Katatonia yet, but here are impressions of the others:

Voivod - Katorz - I was not familiar with this band at all apart from one song I had from this album on a sampler which I liked, and it was in the bargain bin so I thought I would give it a whirl. I really like the heavy, dirty sound. Great driving music!

Blaze Bayley - The Man Who Would Not Die - This is an interesting one, the music is so much more extreme than Blaze's previous albums. Very up-tempo and modern sounding, kind of a metalcore influence which I never expected, but it is really great. 2 listens in and I really enjoy it. Not sure how I will end up rating it against his other albums but it sure does rip. 'While You Were Gone' is fantastic, but I imagine it will be an emotional one for poor Blaze now that his wife has left him again.

Depeche Mode - Ultra CD/DVD - Very different album for DM. Dark, moody industrial rock that oozes emotion. Really enjoying it so far, much more than I expected considering the reputation it has as a weaker album.

My local Sanity is moving to a new location, and had a minimum 50% off storewide for three days, so here are some bargains I picked up there, and a few other things I have picked up of late:

Depeche Mode - Playing The Angel CD/DVD
Epica - The Devine Conspiracy
Ministry - The Last Sucker
Monster Magnet - 4 Way Diablo
Motorhead - Better Motorhead Than Dead
Mortal Sin - Face of Despair
NIN - Year Zero

Black sabbath - Live in MOCSCOW. Cozy's on Drums very good ... Mr Tony Martins not to bad, but i don't really unsderstand why they did " Apache" a shadows thing fuk me ... any how missed most of that cos i dozed off....