The Purchases Thread

I heard that as well, but have also heard that they may re-introduce it on future models.

Well my car repairs raped me for much more than I am worth, and much more than I was expecting, so when the next shipment arrives that will be it for my buying habits at least until after Christmas. :(

I bought The Raconteurs album Consolers of the Lonely.

Not too shabby,

I have always said that Jack White has huge potential but I don't like the White Stripes. Always wanted to hear him with a full band and that is what this is.
It has moments of pure Led Zeppelinisms.... Many Shades of Black could be my favorite song of the year :)

picked up an Xbox 360 (pro pack) with a wireless adaptor, Fallout 3 and GTA4 for just over $600.

traded in the shitty 4 games that came with for fallout 3.

so now sold more of my soul to mircosoft.

will probably get a PS3 next year -for Final Fantasy 3 and if they have 100% backwards-compatibility.

I'm playing the original Fallout on pc atm. :)

Legacy support for PS2 games shouldn't be that much of an issue unless your PS2 dies. How often do you really play your older games? It isn't really that inconvenient to have them both set up.

Unless you were playing singstar, then it is a pain, if you want to keep swapping between the old discs and the new ones.

Legacy support for PS2 games shouldn't be that much of an issue unless your PS2 dies. How often do you really play your older games? It isn't really that inconvenient to have them both set up.

I just have limited power and tv inputs and just can't be bothered with having an older system lying around if the newer one can handle all the games.

I'm still playing a lot of my RPGs which I'm yet to finish (or find to bloody hard to finish) so the PS2 still gets time whenever I get the mood.

I have so many consoles now (DS, Wii, PS2 and now 360) that I tend to randomly switch or just go by mood or not play anything for months.

Purchase for today:

shiny new work boots that hopefully won't destroy my feet or ankles like the docs I've been using.

Got an Amazon voucher for Chrimbo and topped it up for [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shure-SE420-K-Sound-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B000UZ03ZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227958966&sr=8-1"]these[/ame] beauties. They're already here so I've had a sneaky listen... o_O:headbang: A fair bit more bass than the fantastic SE 210's which I had been using for the last couple of years. Plus I get an airline adapter so I don't have to spend 24 hours in the air listening to movies with those crappy headphones on, and they'll cut out all the screaming baby noises. :D

And I got the Shure 210's last week (not Bev's old ones;)), and an iPod Touch which is a very funky device indeed :) The headphones are awesome - I can walk to work now without the sound turned way up to drown out traffic. Lovely.

Very nice! They'll be excellent on planes.

I do hope so! We're lucky that there isn't much engine noise upstairs on the A380, but child noises and the irritation factor of people yapping seem to be so much more annoying when you're in an environment where you can't escape for 14 hours. :zombie: I didn't even realise you could get airline adapters otherwise I would have taken my old 210's with me in April. Oh well. :)

Yesterday I got

Orange Goblin - Healing through fire
Static X - Cannibal Killers LIVE (cd\dvd)
Clutch - Robot Hive/Exodus
Overcast - Reborn to Kill again
Roadrunner United - The Concert DVD

All pretty good so far, haven't got to the Static X dvd yet, but I am a sucker for live DVD's

the double pack of Batman Begins & The Dark Knight (both the double disc versions).

without speaking in hyperbole, pretty much 2 out of every 3 people at JB today walked out of there with a copy of The Dark Knight.

It will easily be the biggest DVD of all time if this trend is actually isn't isolated to JB HiFi in Woden. :rolleyes:

Twisted Sister - come out & play & Venom - Resurrection for the Xmas stocking! YAY finally upgrading that TS album from cassette to CD, lol.

the double pack of Batman Begins & The Dark Knight (both the double disc versions).

without speaking in hyperbole, pretty much 2 out of every 3 people at JB today walked out of there with a copy of The Dark Knight.

It will easily be the biggest DVD of all time if this trend is actually isn't isolated to JB HiFi in Woden. :rolleyes:

The Dark Knight has made $US1 billion! That's fucking amazing.

The Dark Knight has made billion! That's fucking amazing.

and with the iMAX re-release son, it will topple Titanic as the highest grossing film of all time.

after watching it again last night, I really think that Nolan should seriously do a heist film or be given a James Bond movie to do.

think that a Bond flick in his hands would be pretty awesome.

a big mother fucker of a TV!

that's what I got.

46" Samsung full HD and all that.

used part of the money I was going to use to go overseas but since they trip has been postponed, decided to spoil myself a little and work back the money, which shouldn't take too long with some of the shifts I've done and shall be doing.

but the TV is amazing!

just need a few HDMI cables to bring out the protential from older format stuff (Wii, Foxtel, DVD player) but at least the X-Box 360 finally looks good!

but the TV is amazing!

just need a few HDMI cables to bring out the protential from older format stuff (Wii, Foxtel, DVD player) but at least the X-Box 360 finally looks good!

Nice work. :) Does using an HDMI cable help when the device you're connecting isn't HD?