The Purchases Thread

Nice work. :) Does using an HDMI cable help when the device you're connecting isn't HD?

if they are HD compatable.

with something like a Wii, you have to go out and buy a component cable to get it close to HD because the Wii does not support proper HD quality.

found out tonight that I have to go find a special HD switch box if I want things to function fully on HD and get the foxtel HD cable as well, since it's a little blurry and bloated.

but still, great TV. :headbang:

Are there any Blu Ray disks that are affordable? That's one thing that's turned me off it.

yeah, they go from about $25 to $40 in price but JB will save me as always with their sale and my staff discount.

the PS3 games are also pretty expensive because of the cost of blu-ray and trying to recoup costs on the PS3.

I haven't posted my awesome as fuck boxing day haul...so get this up ya poofs :p

Clutch - Full Fathom Five, Video Field Recordings DVD
bloodsimple - Red Harvest
Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
Sabbat - Dreamweaver
Iced Earth - Something Wicked Part 1
Iced Earth - Something Wicked Part 2
Soilent Green - Inevitable Collapse in the Presence of Conviction
Gojira - The way of all Flesh

Also got a couple of books
Bill Bryson - Mother Tongue
Various Contributors - PUNK, The Whole Story

All in all was a good trip to 2, yes 2 JB Stores and a QBD Bookstore, I hate people, but fuck going near society was worth it for the music

I just picked these up from Heartland this arvo:

The Tea Party - Interzone Mantras - This one has been on my list forever and I haven't seen it other than online for years, so was delighted to find it on the bargain rack!
Amorphis - Far From The Sun - This album seems to have a bit of a bad rep, but I like everything I have heard from the band so grabbed it from the bargain rack as well.
Death Angel - Archives & Artifacts box set - have also been on the hunt for this one for years, but figured I need to get my hands on it before their tour.

Can't wait to listen to this shit.

I love Bill's books, they are always bloody funny

Yeah they are. The only one I didn't like that much was Notes From a Small Island, which I thought was in need of a thorough session of editing. Which others have you read? I'm reading Made In America at the moment.

The Mighty Boosh seasons 1 & 2
Reservoir Dogs DVD (15th Anniversary Edition)
Kings of Leon - Aha Shake Heartbreak

I keep hearing good things about The Mighty Boosh. Thumbs up from you then?

Kings of Leon are one of those bands I keep hearing about. What are they like?

What's A Short History like? I was thinking I should read that one. It'd be educational. The Appalachian one is A Walk in The Woods. that's the first book of his I read.

"Notes from a Small Island" was a collection of newspaper column that he wrote, so I can see where you're coming from with that, but sort of kinda disagree.

I've read every thing else of his that's been mentioned though, with the exception of "A Short History" and possibly whichever thunderbolt one Southy's bangin' on about.

It's about him growing up in Des Moines. It's a pretty good read.

I just didn't find Notes From A Small Island as enjoyable as the others. It seemed to drag a lot more than his other books. That was ten years ago though, so I don't remember a lot about it.