The Purchases Thread

The Mighty Boosh fucking RAWKS! BUT it's not for everyone - you'll either love it or hate it. :)

dream's avatar is actually from The Mighty Boosh.

it's a fucking weird show and one that you have to watch knowing that it's beyond weird and random.

it is pretty hit & miss for me because I don't like a lot of the characters but the situations are what makes it funny.

if you love bizzare Brit-Coms, then you'll love the Mighty Boosh.

it's a fucking weird show and one that you have to watch knowing that it's beyond weird and random.

He speaks the truth. :)

Season one sees the the main characters, Vince and Howard, working as zoo keepers at a failing zoo. Two other characters that feature more prominently in seasons 2 and 3 are also introduced here - Bolo, a talking gorilla, and Naboo, a Shamen (he works at the zoo, Bolo lives there :)). In season 2 they all share a flat, with Bolo now being Naboo's 'familiar' Bolo also does a bit of DJ'in on the side. :lol: Vince and Howard are trying to get their music career off the ground. Season three sees them downstairs running Naboo's new shop, the Nabootique.

In amongst all of this is utter randomness and weirdness as they go off on adventures and get in to all sorts of trouble. Season 1 and 2 are excellent, season 3 is a bit harder work for me - although it's very funny in places, it also has a feeling of being a vehicle for Noel Fielding's (Vince) Hoxtonite/Camdenite wanker friends. There's also a slightly nasty edge to it; where in previous seasons Howard is the butt of everyone's jokes, in this one it's taken to unfunny extremes. I still watch it, but sparingly.

Hope that helps. I might bring my boxset over on my holidays, then Nigel will be able to give you an unbiased review. :)

Nice one! I saw a couple of episodes of the first season, but not enough to form an opinion. I figured it was something I'd have to watch more of to get into, but never got around to doing so. Some people rave about it though, so I should give it a crack. Most of the comedy I watch is British, so that's certainly no obstacle. :)

wow..that long since any of us posted in here??

Last week I got

Killswitch Engage - S/T (2009)
Obituary - The End Complete
Clutch - Strange Cousins from the West
Napalm Death - Enemy of the Music Business
The Chariot - War and Rumors of War

There was another one or 2, but can't remember them....

OH>>>Tardy Brothers - Bloodline

That's one, but besides that, beer X ALOT!! I think I need another drink sabbatical and get back onto the rails a little, but right now I am enjoying off the rails a little too much

Some of my purchases since last time I was here:

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures - Remaster 2CD
Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe - box set
Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters CD/DVD
Dave Gahan - Hourglass CD/DVD
The Sisters of Mercy - Floodland - Remaster
Dream Theater - BC&SL - 3CD
Susperia - Attitude
Grinspoon - Easy
Grinspoon - Thrills...
Grinspoon - New Detention
Peep Show - seasons 1 - 5 DVD
Spaced - DVD boxset

Off to buy new Megadeth and Muse tomorrow. Preordered the new Katatonia ealier today too. I think thats all...

I have only heard the single and it was disappointing. Weaker than pretty much every song on Dirty Music, which is an incredible album. I will still pick it up at some point though.

Today I picked up:

Muse - The Resistance
Megadeth - Endgame
Amorphis - Elegy
Dark Tranquillity - Haven
Dark Tranquillity - The Mind's I - special edition

Ooo, my amazon order turned up today finally.

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe - box set
Dave Gahan - Paper Monsters - CD/DVD

The SOTU set is probably the best album release I have ever seen. 2 awesome hardcover books, copy of the album, 5.1 version, a disc of b-sides and demos and another disc of rareties. Plus some other bits and pieces such as a poster, badges, post cards, etc. Wild.

last thing I brought was the 360 J-RPG Infinite Undiscovery last week for $32 brand new.

not a bad game but nothing genre breaking, so worth the money I paid for it.

9 more sleeps til we get our mits on Scribblenauts ;) CANT FUCKING WAIT :D