THE SHRED THREAD

Jesus Christ that guy in the middle of that one photo looks like Ed Carlson lol!

Reactions: redfly
I was just reading back through this thread and watching Paul Gilbert on the first page is brilliant.

I got into Racer X in the 80's, Street Lethal was always on the turntable, but I was embarrassed for Paul when he went to Mr Big (but that was because I was a metal snob and hated pop music) Mr Big was ok but Paul couldn't showcase his real talent there. I listened to the latest single that came out a few weeks ago and still am not convinced that Paul's talent isn't wasted in such a band.

I agree with you on the Mr Big thing. But Paul seems to think the opposite. It's metal that's cheesy lol. But I think he's fallen into the trap of calling what Mtv and Vh1 call metal. Which as WE know was really either hard rock or glam rock.
Awesome guitar player, I wish he was into playing what I want him to play! lol
The two Racer X live albums I still have on cassette!

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I remember when my mate first showed me the Street Lethal LP I thought that was cheesy because I was moving into a lot heavier stuff but then I heard the guitar and realised just how good Gilbert was.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
For sure, I don't let cover art influence the music but there has been some albums over the years that are so cheesy that you hope for a black sleeve to cover them in case someone is looking through your album collection.

Reactions: Neptune