THE SHRED THREAD

I was interested in the "feud" lol it was fascinating watching people to come up with reasons to not like Megadeth.
And also I thought Metallica were hypocrites ...Alcohallica anyone?

Yeah those that said you couldn't like both bands were the best part of feud.

I don't know the guy personally but to me Lars has always come across as an arrogant hypocritical wanker. Not saying any of the others guys aren't too just Lars seems the best at it.

I still struggle to listen to MF these days, not sure why. Am listening to Wizard atm but I might give the new track a go later.

Reactions: redfly
Lars really comes across as arrogant and egotistical.. and a lame fanboy of stupid bands.
James seems like he's still caught between himself a bit and doesn't really know if he wants to really thrash or not.
Kirk, fuckin laziest guitar player I've ever seen. I've never in my life seen anyone in any field of anything regress that much or that bad
barring some sudden mental incapacitation.
Rob, not my favorite but he gets a pass lol

( disclaimer) All this is just my opinion.

I can understand Marty's solo stuff not being for everyone.

Reactions: Slammed
Probably not allowed to pick on Lars now he's a Nighttime Dame, oh no that's a knighted Dane, I think there is a difference.

I know it's probably not fair to blame the booze and drugs alone but for me James turned into a dick when he started battling addictions and it wasn't improved when he got sober.

As much as I've never been Kirk's biggest fan Metallica has always seemed to me to be James and Larz and nothing else. There is lots of suggestion that the two Dave's rule Megadeth with an iron fist but to me James and Lars are no different.

I wanted to see Marty join Babymetal, no idea why I just read somewhere ages ago he had a connection to the band and I thought it would get right up some of his fans arses if he joined them. :)

Oh it's definitely their band the two of them since Cliff died anyway. People Defend Kirk and point out this solo or that solo. But I'm pretty sure Hetfield wrote it I think it's even in one of their home vids. Hetfield "jokingly" says I didn't right that note for you. Case of funny cause it's true lol.
But that's even more reason Kirk should have kept up cause now he's almost not even there except to throw his arm up in the air every time he plays three notes and bends a string.

I think it's Marty's touring guitar player who is also in Babymetal

BVB are not the worst band I have ever heard but I wouldn't ever buy any of their stuff. But if it wasn't for bands like that I wouldn't have anything to hang shit on my nieces about.

Was Marty's Cacophony cohort's 48th birthday yesterday. I really liked the first Cacophony album and knew of Jason Becker before I knew of Marty Friedman.

Haha, not sure Chuck would be the one but hey who cares he needs something to do when Testament come off the road.

I hadn't really kept up with Becker until a year or so back and I was surprised to see the shit he's going through.

Steel Panther is like Baby Metal, people love to hate them but it's funny too see how many people in the industry like them. I don't hate Steel Panther but I wont buy any of their stuff. But for more than 30 years one of our leading comedians has been a guy by the name of Kevin Bloody Wilson and he's spent his career bastardising songs (or has he calls it decomposing) with crass and crude lyrics and even his daughter Jenny Talia has been doing the same thing for longer than a band like Steel Panther, SP just do it with a hard rock backbone Kev and Jenny do it with any backbone.

I always thought Steel Panther was a joke band and I was cool with it. Then I heard they're actually serious about it...I don't know. i see them and they creep me out. Kind of like Twisted Sister back in the day.

Hmm and here I thought I was the only one who made fun of songs like that:cool:

Reactions: Slammed