THE SHRED THREAD

I do give Glenn some credit. He's managed to ride the Deep Purple bandwagon pretty well for a guy who only played on three or four albums (despite being credited on heaps more than that because of compilations and live albums). Not only that he played bass :)

He was on a music quiz show here about 8 years ago and when the host suggested he was the driving force behind Deep Purple and wrote most of the bands biggest hits Glenn just nodded and thanked him.

The likes of DP and Led Zepp etc were my forerunners into metal, never really liked Smoke On The Water but albums like In Rock were brilliant. If you listen carefully to the Total Abandon 1999 CD you can hear me screaming (no you can't) but I was at the gig and was back stage. The copy of the CD I have is signed and came straight off the desk from that night, no editing, no mastering, a true live performance.

Ian Gillan is probably one of the nicest blokes I've ever met. The lead signer of a band I used to work with has been mates with him for about 40 years and can nearly sing with the guy note for note. it's amazing being in a room with them both.

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Even though it was a bit of a step away from his more hard rock roots Still Got The Blues is still a classic album. He's played with some really good bands and musos in his time too.

Reactions: redfly
Mike Patton did that lol
...actually it may have some noises that aren't him lol But i think it's mostly voice.
Warning, kinda sucks lol

Last edited: