THE SHRED THREAD

I think I always preferred him to Marty in Cacophony, I don't listen to it much these days but I loved Speed Metal Symphony when it came out.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Whether it's appreciation for his ability or something else I'm not sure but I didn't really care as much for Marty as I did about other guitar players until he joined Deth.

I wasn't thinking the same. I didn't specifically care what either gained or lost I just wanted music, they did deliver but to me back then it was less about the players. I think I'd had a dose of the shits up with band members changing, not just metal bands, and I was more "I don't care who plays just release something good."

Well that's how they released such good music! Marty was up a few notches as a player with his own identity. I knew what they were getting. Which to me was a very contrasting sound between Dave and Marty that really worked well. Not that any album after SFSGSW wasn't going to be good. But there's just something special about the combo of Dave and Marty. But I was a huge Megadeth and Marty fan lol.
And yeah even if it hadn't have been Marty, as long as it was good I would have been happy. I really love the first 3 albums anyway.

I wonder when he's going to be allowed to be Marty Friedman and not Ex-Megadeth guitarist Marty Friedman.

I like that album cover.

It's funny that they choose Megadeth (and they do it with nearly all Ex-deth members). I know that name is topical and it's somewhat a magnet for views but it also wasn't the most amicable of departures according to many so to associate the two constantly after 20 odd years seems to disadvantage both parties.

Reactions: redfly
LOL. have there been any amicable departures from Megadeth? Chris and Shawn might be the closest, but really I think they just don't want to talk shit. Kudos to them I suppose. Although in the case of Marty it seems like he left out of boredom and Dave is butt hurt about it. Dave's story on why Marty left constantly changes and he's been fairy obnoxious about it.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
In many ways I suppose its no different to the Metallica/Megadeth fights, while those being questioned continue to answer the questions instead of telling the journo to fuck off the shit will still get printed. The 'ex-' bit is probably more like lazy journalism that creates clicks and conversations.

"technical/progressive death metal band"

Talented maybe but too many genres for me :)