THE SHRED THREAD

MI is a bit late lol. I checked it out. I'm sure the guitars sound great. But they aren't my style. I'd love one of those amps though! Actually I was surprised at his guitars. On the old Youthanasia VHS someone gives him a guitar for recording and he jokes that he's actually using a guitar that's not a cool shape. Looks like one of the ones on the website lol But the others don't look that cool either.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I guess when people are willing to give you new toys to play with saying they are uncool is probably not bad advertising. He used them, he got the right sound and they are albums many people like so if an uncool shape is the worst he's got to say it's not that bad.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Cool is subjective, looks aren't everything yadda, yadda, yadda. I think these are cool guitars but I don't see Marty playing these.

gumball-guitar.jpg

guitar.jpg

Now who's really cool?

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah but I'm picking on his 'cool' and I'd like to remind him it's not all about image it's how he plays the lump of wood.
Damn rockstars and their images!

Reactions: redfly
Oh there is a link on Blabber or Bravewords for the new Becker album and it says something about signing up to his newsletter or such to get a free song. I'm on enough mailing lists but you might want to check it out.

I know right? That damn Marty. Wtf does he know?!

Exactly. If he wants to make comments about what is cool he needs to qualify his statements to prove he is indeed worthy.
If he was selling the guitar because it sounded shit well that's a fair excuse, but he had to go and say it was not cool enough, or uncool, or something I don't remember what he said now it seems like ages ago I read the article!

Exactly. If he wants to make comments about what is cool he needs to qualify his statements to prove he is indeed worthy.
If he was selling the guitar because it sounded shit well that's a fair excuse, but he had to go and say it was not cool enough, or uncool, or something I don't remember what he said now it seems like ages ago I read the article!
He does say it sounds amazing :) but still that's worth almost nothing! Pfff Friedman.

Reactions: Slammed
Even funnier than that I just read that Skid Row are playing a gig at a pizza shop tonight in Sydney. It's a free gig and I suppose it's good to see them heading out to see the fans, but a fucking pizza shop for Christ sake these wankers used to play arenas now they play small clubs and do freebies at pizza shops.

How the fuck can they afford to go to Australia to play a free pizza shop show?!! Are they doing a festival there?
Oh and that's pretty pathetic. I've sometimes wondered why Hill and Rob don't just join Bach. I think it's mainly Snake and Bolan that get the royalties. Hill can't be making that much.

Reactions: Slammed