THE SHRED THREAD

Yeah there isn’t much time but you Must make time for life is too short not to.It really isn’t fair to ourselves to spent all this money and have all this passion to not enjoy it. I completely understand that we’re not young anymore hanging out with like minded friends,those days are sadly long gone but I refuse to give up enjoying what I Love because without it I’m DEAD!!!

In some ways I'm lucky because at home my missus does tolerate my music so on a weekend I do get to play it without headphones. Even the kids like some of it so I can get away with listening to music a lot more than some people. But I used to listen to music while cutting the grass, while washing the car and so many other things because it seemed to make the chore easier, these days getting music to the chore is an effort in itself unless I want to be like a teenager and have headphones in all day.

Reactions: redfly
In some ways I'm lucky because at home my missus does tolerate my music so on a weekend I do get to play it without headphones. Even the kids like some of it so I can get away with listening to music a lot more than some people. But I used to listen to music while cutting the grass, while washing the car and so many other things because it seemed to make the chore easier, these days getting music to the chore is an effort in itself unless I want to be like a teenager and have headphones in all day.
That's much of my listening. Mowing the lawn with headphones. That and driving.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
Nothing. I dislike mowing the grass especially around hay fever season as it is now so I tend to put it off as long as possible then get it over without thinking about it

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
Yes it is,and now time for leaf removal!

I'm wicked lucky here for that. In Manchester it was all big oaks. Those are a bitch. Here there's not too much more than a few maples.

On the farm we used the tractor, big bouncy seat, air conditioned cab and stereo, I miss cutting the grass like that :)

Now that's how you mow!

Yeah that was pretty brutal. I'm sure partly deserved. But Yngwie is an awesome guitar player. People rag on him for sounding to much the same and he kind of does. But he's a neo classical guitarist. there's not a good deal of room to go outside that sound if that's the type of player you are.

Reactions: Slammed and Neptune
I've never really gotten into his stuff, probably more so because there was so much other stuff around when he became popular that I didn't have time for him, then just never got back to listening to him.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly
When I was still getting into instrumental guitar albums all the really good local players liked Yngwie a lot. So that's how I got into him. His first couple albums are pretty good. I think the singer was Joe Lynn Turner...I guess that's not instrumental lol

Most of the guitar players I knew respected Yngwie but were influenced by so many others guitarists that he didn't get their undivided time.

Reactions: redfly