THE SHRED THREAD

Yeah his mother said she was concerned about what happened when they were too old but she didn't say they had a solution. His brother is obviously close too but there was very little of him actually interacting with Jason. Other than the nursing type stuff the only people who got close to Jason were his parents unless it was to hold his hand or give him a hug.

Reactions: redfly
I keep listening to his stuff. I really think he was the best out of all those guys. He made such an impact with such a short amount of time. I wish there was more live footage of him. When I look up his songs live it's mostly covers that I come up with.

Reactions: Slammed
I know what you mean,his talent really shines through. I always thought the same that there should be a proper Dvd put together to showcase him.Same thing for Criss Oliva oh sure there’s a ton of live footage out there but nothing really doing him justice!

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
I know what you mean,his talent really shines through. I always thought the same that there should be a proper Dvd put together to showcase him.Same thing for Criss Oliva oh sure there’s a ton of live footage out there but nothing really doing him justice!

It seems from the doco that his parents have some really early stuff from when he was a kid but the stuff after Cacophony and into the Roth stuff was few and far between,

Reactions: redfly and Neptune
Yeah and that's what I really want :cry:

I would reckon there has to be some Cacophony stuff out there. The tour/album with Marty was hyped fairly well and looking at the movie footage they did some massive promo work for it. It seems to me from what I saw in the doco that there was quite a bit of Japanese promo and that was where Jason decided he wanted to do more than just be a shredder with Marty. It was the same feeling I got from the home videos, it seemed like there was no shortage of Jason jamming at home with different members of the family and playing different styles, no shortage of shots from his early school days etc. It was only when he branched out and pretty much moved away from home and into the Roth fold that footage seemed like it was rare. Maybe I read that wrong (given that it wasn't specifically spoken about) but that's the impression the doco gave me.

Yeah I've seen some of the Cacophony stuff, although the quality wasn't good. But that and those acoustic clips with Marty and the video with Jason using the yoyo and playing are about it. As Neptune said, there really needs to be a well put together package that has been remastered.

Reactions: Slammed
I hope there is such a thing out there but it's really getting to the point where I'm loosing faith in someone finding it.