THE SHRED THREAD

Yeah I've gotta say I'm a bit under-whelmed with Havok's album. It's okay, it's got some good thrash on it but for me it doesn't hold up for the entire album. Vader is a better and stronger album but still not great.

Reactions: redfly
I feel the exact same way man all this hype for not a complete let down but the progression of these newer releases just don’t hook me all that much!

Reactions: Slammed and redfly
Yeah I've gotta say I'm a bit under-whelmed with Havok's album. It's okay, it's got some good thrash on it but for me it doesn't hold up for the entire album. Vader is a better and stronger album but still not great.
I was surprised at the score Blabber gave Vader's new one. A whole point above Testaments.I mean it is Blabber so whoever does their reviews holds no weight with me anyway. Testament review was pretty one dimensional.

Reactions: Neptune and Slammed
I was surprised at the score Blabber gave Vader's new one. A whole point above Testaments.I mean it is Blabber so whoever does their reviews holds no weight with me anyway. Testament review was pretty one dimensional.

I didn't check the reviewers but Vader is usually categorised as death metal and most of the time they have different reviewers for different genres. Death metal bands really do seem to get better reviews on Blabber than thrash. They don't hold much weight with me either. In terms of reviews even though they aren't great Metal Injection are definitely more thorough with their reviews.
I do prefer Vader to Havok but it was far from their best stuff.

Reactions: Neptune and redfly