The solution of the Edit/mtv problem?

Nitronium Blood said:
Yes but rocking out 'with their cocks out' CONTINUOUSLY, ala most of Pantera does not fit Opeth.

Well god damn man, I didn't mean 6 minutes of Opeth headbanging, even through the mellow parts! Obviously there wouldn't be rocking out at inappropriate times. come on dude.

I've been thinking that if I ever get a band and get success and whatnot, I'd take a song with mellow and hardass moments and shoot a vid for it. only we'd be headbanging in the mellow parts and going "lalala touchy feely" in the hardass parts. just to fuck around y'know?

For Opeth's next video the song should be Beneath the Mire, and it should be a video for the length of the whole song in its entirety and the video itself should show the members having a good breakfast for the duration of the song.

Oh.. sorry.. in the forest.
Perhaps a picnic with the members of Opeth! Am I a genius or what? :cool:

Edit: seriously about the editing issue of the videos though.
A video with a concept always holds my attention, even if I don't like the music too much.
As long as it's interesting I'll stay to find out what happens in the end, and I think that would work with Opeth.

What I've always wanted to see was a short film to the soundtrack of My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life. That would be pretty sweet. As for Opeth making music videos, nah they don't need them.

Under_the_Weeping_Moon said:
What I've always wanted to see was a short film to the soundtrack of My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life. That would be pretty sweet. As for Opeth making music videos, nah they don't need them.

My friend, after forcing him to listen to MAYH and explaining the concept, told me that it reminded him of a movie made in the 80's called "Ghost". Has anyone seen this?

Edit - I guess it was 1990. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099653/
ugh....its a comedy

I always thought that progressive music of all kinds(not only metal) is better off without videos...unless it's a performence vid or different studio footage... becuase any visual concept would demote the value of the music instead of being an addition to the music.
Most trOO metal shouldn't have concept videos either...
Cradle of filth videos are cool though...lots of naked ladies and lots of gore
what else can a guy want?