The Sports Thread

Ted Bruschi said:
“I did have some respect for that team, but after what they pulled on that last drive, it’s totally lost now" Bruschi said. “You’re getting beat….just accept it with class. I know we would have if the tables were turned. But they’re out there calling timeouts, trying to get extra yards, padding their stats”

LOL. What a faggot.

Honestly, I can't really blame you guys for your animosity. It is nice to be rooting for a team that absolutely dominates the opposition. Pats used to be the likable underdog but Kraft has obviously decided to get the best team together despite any personal problems and it has payed off. And besides, the players are not nearly as bad as the Bengals or that guy from the Titans or Michael Vick, you are just looking for an excuse to dislike the team.

Pacman Jones was the guy on the Titans.

It really irks me that Marvin Lewis didn't fucking do anything about the problem children on the Bengals. Fucking Goddell had to come in and deal with it. That's not a good example to set as a coach.

Man, I'm tied with my stepdad in this fantasy league we're doing.

We've both got Tom Brady, Ryan Grant, and LaDanian Tomlinson left - and we differ in that I've got Plaxico Burress and he's got the Giants DST.

Man, if Plaxico can get a touchdown catch and something like 60 yards I'll probably pull ahead as DST only gets one point per sack, int, or fumble recovery so long as they're not touchdowns.

If I can pull this off I'll probably end up 100 dollars richer after the Super Bowl is over :D

I was going to pick Toomer over Burress, and that bit me in the ass - had I done so I'd have the lead :(

I don't have a lot of unreasonable hatred for the Patriots. My only animosity comes from:

a. They were the team that the Chargers were playing last year in the playoffs that won because we totally gave the game away. There were numerous blunders made by the Chargers that totally changed the outcome, and we only lost by 3 points. To add to that, they were arrogant and disrespectful at the end of the game. It was bad enough to lose that way, then to add their unsportsmanlike conduct just made it worse. I think this is a valid reason to dislike a team.

b. The whole cheating thing. As a fan I have no idea how widespread that type of thing is, but regardless, they got caught. I think it's just despicable. I believe this is a valid reson to dislike them.

I don't take it to the extreme in hoping for injuries or anything like that, it's just a football preference for me. Similar to disliking the Giants these days because Eli Manning, who was drafted by the Chargers, refused to play in San Diego. What a flippin whiner! I like the result of that, as we got Rivers and a couple of draft picks, which turned out to be Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding (great place kicker), and we didn't have to have Eli Manning as QB. At the time Rivers was sitting behing Drew Breese, but at this point Rivers is clearly better that Eli.

Yeah, Harrison and Wilfork are just thugs. I would never root for those guys. Brady and Moss aren't model citizens either. It's just not a likable group of guys.

Agreed.

And besides, the players are not nearly as bad as the Bengals or that guy from the Titans or Michael Vick, you are just looking for an excuse to dislike the team.

That's debatable.

Pacman Jones was the guy on the Titans.

It really irks me that Marvin Lewis didn't fucking do anything about the problem children on the Bengals. Fucking Goddell had to come in and deal with it. That's not a good example to set as a coach.

Yeah man I feel for you and Bengaler fans. That team has so much talent on it.

I don't have a lot of unreasonable hatred for the Patriots. My only animosity comes from:

a. They were the team that the Chargers were playing last year in the playoffs that won because we totally gave the game away. There were numerous blunders made by the Chargers that totally changed the outcome, and we only lost by 3 points. To add to that, they were arrogant and disrespectful at the end of the game. It was bad enough to lose that way, then to add their unsportsmanlike conduct just made it worse. I think this is a valid reason to dislike a team.

b. The whole cheating thing. As a fan I have no idea how widespread that type of thing is, but regardless, they got caught. I think it's just despicable. I believe this is a valid reson to dislike them.

I don't take it to the extreme in hoping for injuries or anything like that, it's just a football preference for me. Similar to disliking the Giants these days because Eli Manning, who was drafted by the Chargers, refused to play in San Diego. What a flippin whiner! I like the result of that, as we got Rivers and a couple of draft picks, which turned out to be Shawne Merriman and Nate Kaeding (great place kicker), and we didn't have to have Eli Manning as QB. At the time Rivers was sitting behing Drew Breese, but at this point Rivers is clearly better that Eli.

The Chargers aren't angels either though. Merriman is a cheater not only that doesn't know how to shut his mouth like a few others on the team. They cheer and dance like they won the super bowl whenever they actually do something they are paid to do, then when they lose or make a bad play they turn on eachother and pout.

Oh ok. Well, maybe he's just a stupid faggot, then.

:lol: Correct.

The Chargers aren't angels either though. Merriman is a cheater not only that doesn't know how to shut his mouth like a few others on the team. They cheer and dance like they won the super bowl whenever they actually do something they are paid to do, then when they lose or make a bad play they turn on eachother and pout.

Yeah, this is mostly true I suppose, but they are my team. Mine! So I forgive them. And I think it takes more than a bad play for them to turn on each other. More like losing their entire front line coaching staff and getting off to a terrible start to a new season after everyone (including themselves) thought they were the shizznit.